cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal V1 stopped working (happened before)

Tanthalas
4: Newbie

Suresignal V1 just stopped working a couple of days ago for no apparent reason!

Serial Number: 21197150721

ISP: TalkTalk (has been for a few years)

Router: TalkTalk HG533 (had this a couple of years and all working fine)

Have had varying light sequences over the past day or two, currently Power light (1) is constant, internet light (2) is flashing.  Have also had constant power with 1 on with lights 2 and 4 flashing at times.

Can see the Suresignal with an assigned IP on the router.

It should be registered fine as I have had it for years and it has been working without a problem.

No hardware has changed at all my end.

Have power cycled the Suresignal a few times and reset it with no change.  Have power cycled and reset the router with no change.

I had problems with it in February see thread below, took several attempts to get the firmware update pushed through to the box but worked eventually.  Since then I haven't had any problems until now.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-v1-no-3G-seems-quite-common-at-the-mo...

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for the reply Laura.

Yes, I have tried a new network cable and it hasn't made any difference.

Yes it is more than 24 months old, and I had looked at replacing it as an option.  However, I really don't have £100 to throw at it at the moment, certainly not in 1 lump sum which appears to be the only payment option. It also pains me to pay out double the cost of my original one to replace it with pretty much exactly same thing.

Ill look into some other options unless anyone here can come up with any other viable solutions.

Edit / Update: Another 2 days and no change, same light sequence and no signal.  If vodafone cant offer me a solution other than replacing the box Ill be looking at other networks to see if I can get better coverage (I know EE provide better coverage here anyway) or a better deal from them for the box.  As new customers seem to be the only thing companies are interested in nowadays getting a deal shouldn't be too hard.