Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Vodafone Sure Signal

Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

@jim_r

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Please follow the link provided to confirm your details along with a brief description of the issue.

You'll receive an automated response with a reference number [#123456] and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.

View more options
11: Established Silver
Jim

You must contact and report your failure and Vodafone's response to Trading Standards as they are currently investigating the continued refusal to replace when they have clearly stated and agreed to do so.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

Returned home yesterday to find that my SureSignalv3 is dead.  Not able to open the cover to check inside for signs of burning mentioned on this thread (with thanks to gsmsecure - I have notified Trading Standards & Watchdog). Could VF TechTeam contact me to assist with replacement please?

View more options

@jfitzy Please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly.

View more options

Thank you Natasha.  Form completed and sent.  Acknowledgement email received with reference number #15601573

View more options

@jfitzy I can confirm that we've received your email, a member of the team will be in touch. Smiley Happy

View more options

My SureSignal V3 (purchased in December 2014) has just died. I wasn't in the room at the time but there was an unexplained bang and a strange smell last night that I didn't immediately connect with the SS but I noticed that the SS was completely dead to the world this morning.

I contacted Vodafone via web chat and they told me that it was out of warranty and I would have to buy a new one and refused to do anything.

Hi Jim_r

Identical to my experience.  Insist that this is a known issue, that CEO has said it is a free replacement, and that ALL front line staff had been briefed by CEO about the issue.   Insist the vodafone person fobbing you off goes and checks the knowledge base,(if there is one) or this thread. 

I had to contact VF 15-20 times but I eventually got my replacement and a goodwill refund.

View more options

By way of update:  Issue raised Saturday, completed notification form Sunday,  Call from VF first thing Monday and replacement SureSignal despatched same day.  SureSignal received Tuesday.  Called VF 2nd line support on Tueday for assistance in registering new device and now up and running same day.  Credit where credit is due - well done VF Tech team.  Much appreciated.  Thank you

View more options

@jfitzy

Glad to hear it's all been sorted for you now, thanks for letting us know. Smiley Happy

View more options
I think more likely that I spoke to Trading Standards in respect of poor replacement performance that these are being exchanged quicker.

After speaking to them and to Vodafone's CEO Office and highlighting issues of customers having exchanges dragged out and refused I believe West Berks Trading Standards have been back in touch.

Hopefully some progress... and not before too long..

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Hi

I have exactly the same issue. No lights and unit completely dead. Contacted Vodafone who advised my unit was purchased in June 14 and out of warranty. Would offer no further support other than buying a new unit despite referring them to this thread. Have notified Watchdog and Trading Standards.

Could VF Tech team please contact me to provide some help with a replacement. Many thanks

View more options

My SureSignalv3 made a loud bang and tripped the mains last Sunday.  Electronic components burning smell soon after.   I have notified Trading Standards & Watchdog. Could VF TechTeam contact me to assist with replacement please?

View more options

The following post was in response to Carly's (a Tech Team Member) reply suggesting to others here that their SureSignal's were out of Warranty and they should buy a new one.

This post later vanished and I have left this here for others to reference.

========================

Carly..

MAY I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU READ PAGE 1 OF THIS THREAD

- "CEO agreement to replace".

Your comment is in direct contradiction of an order of the CEO of Vodafone who agreed with with Trading Standards to replace any unit, without quibble where a suspected of burn out and faulty power supply.

Many other Tech Team members are arranging replacements so what makes you believe your reply is above this?

This is NOT the first time I have brought this to your attention and as such will be raising it with your CEOs office on Monday.

Those who Carly is responding to, I suggest that you report this to Trading Standards and Vodafone's CEO by searching Google for "Vodafone CEO email address" and raise it direct with and also make them aware you have been refused replacement.

You also have Statutory Rights under Consumer Law to claim if they refuse your replacement for ' expected service life' under satisfactory quality of goods.

If you are still having issues obtaining replacement, contact me directly and I'll ensure it's replaced.

View more options

@dag1011 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

We'll contact you with further help, as soon as possible.

View more options

Thanks Colleen - have responded - reference 15655232.

David

View more options

@dag1011 That's great, thanks for letting us know. 

I can confirm we've received your email and a member of our team will be in touch with further help, as soon as possible Smiley Happy 

View more options

@Tritium I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Smiley Happy

View more options

How VERY VERY strange

I came back today in order to take a copy of Carly's post regarding "buying a new SureSignal" posted over the weekend in order to send a copy to the Directors office and would you believe it...

It's GONE, Vanished or been Vaporised...

Hmmmm

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

gsmsecure,

You & I know that postings disappear & re-appear at will!!!! NOT! I saw the posting you refer to so you are not imagining!

It's a very bad sign of abuse of privilage & management should be in a position to audit the track of comments to see that said posting was deleted.

On the bright side. We may not see the wrong recommendation "you must purchase a new SS" ever again!!

Oh look there goes a low flying pig!

Cheers, Dave

View more options

My V3 sure signal stopped working and was extremely hot when I went to unplug. No light but power to plug as it works appliances plugged into it. As my receipt showed it was still in guarantee by 3 weeks I thought I could return to shop for new one. After half an hour in shop waiting to be seen I was told the unit had to be sent off for repair which takes about a week but they couldn't guarantee it would be back in a week and I would only get a new one if it couldn't be repaired. As there was a waiting queue of 5 people waiting to see the one girl who could use the computer on which the return had to be logged I asked for the receipt to be photocopied so I could leave the unit to be sent off but was told they had no facility to do so. I wasn't prepared to leave the unit and receipt as I had no proof if the unit 'got lost'. As there was over an hour wait at least I could not stay and had to come away without my faulty unit. Should I wait for it to go out of guarantee so I can demand a new one?

View more options