You are here:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Topics: 0
Solutions: 1

Re: Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

@jim_r

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Please follow the link provided to confirm your details along with a brief description of the issue.

You'll receive an automated response with a reference number [#123456] and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.

Message 621 of 628 (2,237 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Re: Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Blew Up, Exploded, Hot, Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

Jim

You must contact and report your failure and Vodafone's response to Trading Standards as they are currently investigating the continued refusal to replace when they have clearly stated and agreed to do so.

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

Message 622 of 628 (2,152 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Returned home yesterday to find that my SureSignalv3 is dead.  Not able to open the cover to check inside for signs of burning mentioned on this thread (with thanks to gsmsecure - I have notified Trading Standards & Watchdog). Could VF TechTeam contact me to assist with replacement please?

Message 623 of 628 (1,096 Views)
Topics: 4
Solutions: 2

@jfitzy Please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly.

Message 624 of 628 (1,020 Views)

Thank you Natasha.  Form completed and sent.  Acknowledgement email received with reference number #15601573

Message 625 of 628 (807 Views)
Topics: 1

@jfitzy I can confirm that we've received your email, a member of the team will be in touch. Smiley Happy

Message 626 of 628 (767 Views)

My SureSignal V3 (purchased in December 2014) has just died. I wasn't in the room at the time but there was an unexplained bang and a strange smell last night that I didn't immediately connect with the SS but I noticed that the SS was completely dead to the world this morning.

I contacted Vodafone via web chat and they told me that it was out of warranty and I would have to buy a new one and refused to do anything.

Hi Jim_r

Identical to my experience.  Insist that this is a known issue, that CEO has said it is a free replacement, and that ALL front line staff had been briefed by CEO about the issue.   Insist the vodafone person fobbing you off goes and checks the knowledge base,(if there is one) or this thread. 

I had to contact VF 15-20 times but I eventually got my replacement and a goodwill refund.

Message 627 of 628 (741 Views)

By way of update:  Issue raised Saturday, completed notification form Sunday,  Call from VF first thing Monday and replacement SureSignal despatched same day.  SureSignal received Tuesday.  Called VF 2nd line support on Tueday for assistance in registering new device and now up and running same day.  Credit where credit is due - well done VF Tech team.  Much appreciated.  Thank you

Message 628 of 628 (236 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Help videos

Sure Signal Help