You are here:

Vodafone Sure Signal

Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Re: Suresignal V3 - Overheated, Hot Burnt out & Dead with no Lights

My Suresignal failed in March just before the warranty wa sup - Vodafone distinctly unhelpful as I contacted them 3 days after the warranty expired!

I was not happy and have complained to them.. still no joy, then I found this thread..

By this time I had got th unit open and was shocked at what I found - all charred and burned.  Some pics below.

This does not look very safe to me and I dont think it should have failed either in his way or after only 2 years - and I paid £100!!

Vodafone, I've been a loyal customer for years.. where are you?

Message 81 of 628 (27,764 Views)
Topics: 6
Solutions: 16

[ Edited ]

@Jomider I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Message 82 of 628 (27,720 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hello, I've had same issues. No lights coming on at all. Rang Vodafone, they told me to plug in and try the reset. I explained no lights, no nothing :-(

they said it was out of warranty (it's 2.5 years old).

I'm so disappointed Vodafone can't offer a replacement. Will now try Trading Standards in the morning.

we have very little reception where we live, so this was a crucial device.

Message 83 of 628 (27,371 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster

Quoting the CEO of Vodafone in an email sent to me last week:

"We have also recently refreshed our messaging for our front line agents so that any devices showing the symptoms you have referred to are replaced free of charge."

It appears that Vodafone call centre staff are still claiming out of warranty and no replacements will be offered which is a direct contradiction of the CEO's office of Vodafone.

Vodafone have assured Trading Standards that replacements will be given yet you still have people coming here after being told they are not eligible.

Maybe it's the same source as claiming units are failing 'explosively" due to mains transients which again is complete and utter rubbish!!

Please ensure if you have an afflicted unit that you post here with pictures as this seem to be the only way to obtain a replacement.

Also, please ensure that Trading Standards are aware of your failed device by calling Consumer Direct on 0345 4040506 as they need to be aware of as many if these failing units as possible to strengthen the case and rubbish the claims they are failing due to "transients".

When you speak to Consumer Direct, explain that West Berkshire Trading Standards are monitoring for calls in relation to SureSignal V3 and you wish to log against this.

Don't forget you also have a claim for consequencial damages such as defrosted fridge freezers or loss of stock as these devices should be lasting a lot longer than two n a half years.

It would be also curious to see if a claim for loss of earnings would stand where call are being lost due to lack of signal while without..

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

Message 84 of 628 (27,347 Views)

I'm going to ring Trading Standards later today.
So annoyed with Vodafone. Took hour to get through. Then explained things, said this is a known issue on forums. When I asked for a supervisor or raise a complaint. They tried to put me to upgrades for a new phone to use on wifi calling or maybe give me a free sure signal with upgrade.
Message 85 of 628 (27,292 Views)

It is a disgrace that Vodafone are using this issue as an excuse to try and force users into upgrading their phone or contract when they have already stated that units manufactured prior to August 2015 would be replaced for free and without any ties.

Where's Rahim?  knock-knock...

Message 86 of 628 (27,278 Views)

@MrJG I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Message 87 of 628 (27,253 Views)

In store, can't help. They don't acknowledge forum as it's not Vodafone staff. They say they have no policy or communication to exchange these front of house. Put lots of notes into my account.
They have no idea why customer services told me to come into a shop, when there is nothing they can do.
So frustrated!
As I'm desperate for signal at home. I am considering buying one from store and then see if customer complaints will refund or I can return to store with 14 days.
Why is this so painful Vodafone? Customer for years and my wife! Perhaps I should now try another network?
Had Ramen contact me, to fill in a form to contact customer services.
Message 88 of 628 (27,248 Views)

After two hours in store. Unable to do anything or speak to anyone. I have purchased a new unit. I can return within 14 days, so if Vodafone sort I will return or wait for refund. If not sorted I'm off to a different network and get a refund on new signal box.
Disgusted!
Message 89 of 628 (27,239 Views)

Hi

Ignore the 14 days, you will get a refund regardless and a joke that customers are being forced to purchase prior to credit added to the account.

Claim also they owe costs to cover travel and wasted time on their advice. You might also want to add daily interest at 8% fir the seventy quid you've 'lent' them.

Rahim has contacted you I believe..

Message 90 of 628 (27,234 Views)

If you get nowhere in a few days I'll give you details of Vodafone's CEO and product safety manager to contact.

Message 91 of 628 (27,232 Views)

Thanks. I've followed link from Ramen. Have to wait for another call back. Still waiting on the other call backs from different teams :-(
Message 92 of 628 (27,226 Views)

@MrJG Thanks for getting in touch. 

We'll respond to your email as soon as possible. 

Message 93 of 628 (27,221 Views)

Thanks @Rahim I'm sure you'll do everything you can. My main frustration is that it's be so complicated to get a response. Phone customer service, they say go to store, store can't do anything, and blame customer service so they make notes and complain on the computer systems saying I shouldn't have been told to go to store etc.
Message 94 of 628 (27,218 Views)

Sorry Mr. JG - I'm having the same rubbish.. went to store, spoke to lots of people .. got a link through the forum to do a private message..  even got hold of a tchnical guy in the end who was very helpful, but  gone a bit quiet now.

Perhaps Vodafone don't monitor their forum or perhaps they have all gone on holiday..

I wonder if BBC's Watchdog programme would be interested in this one...  seems like their kind of thing

Message 95 of 628 (27,213 Views)

@Jomider I would suggest calling Trading Standards. It took me 10 mins. They gave usual advice, but they gave a reference number and I asked it to be linked to the one mentioned in posts above.
I think the only way to tackle this is in numbers, agree Watch Dog email may be worthwhile.
It's not individuals fault at Vodafone, lady in shop was very polite etc. But it's the barrier and the link up they have at their end.
At the end of the day, if this is a known fault. And given you need this device to use the network! It's surely in Vodafone's interest to sort this. I just hope someone high up gets to read this.
Vodafone is only as strong as its customer base, and we may be the minority with our Sure Signal, but here's hoping they do the right thing!
Message 96 of 628 (27,209 Views)

I Agree @MrJG.  Have spoken to the consumer line as advised and got all the ususal advice.  Have sent an email in to one of the guys I was speaking to, suggesting he check this forum.

Problem is, once the fuse is lit, consumers can really kick off if nothing is done to damp down the frustration.

I, like everyne else have many other things I'd rather be doing and every additional action with Vodafone that takes time becomes another source of dissatisfaction and even, dare I say, resentment - In fact it's an exponential series!!

Message 97 of 628 (27,205 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Folks...

Hang fire on Watch Dog emails for the time being, I am preparing a template email to send plus further details.

I have advised Vodfone's CEO this morning that I intend to take this to the BBC due to the contempt and arrogance customers are facing.

It would be better when sending emails to the BBC that a number of us send a similar email on the same day in order that within the 100's they will receive, they will be noticed.

I will post a template email here later on when I get home that can be easily copied and pasted to allow a small amendment before sending.

I am also still awaiting my original unit back that was sent to Alcatel in order that I can take this to Salford next time I am in Manchester although I won't hold my breath so may need to borrow someone's from here to take to Media City.

Message 98 of 628 (27,198 Views)

Sounds good.

on a side note, I've plug my new sure signal in, working fine (well....it lights up lol).

i go online, add users..... Error 

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 1013 - [2c2]"

Anyone know now what this means?

Argh!!

Message 99 of 628 (27,196 Views)

Have you registered it to the account, it may need 1 to 24 hours to update prior to connecting fully..

Message 100 of 628 (27,193 Views)
Got a question?

Get help and technical support on Vodafone's devices, products and services from our online community

If your question relates directly to your account or mobile number please contact our customer services team.

My Vodafone

Stay in control of your spending and manage your account online.

Register for My Vodafone

Help videos

Sure Signal Help