Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal and changing "supplier"

BestGear
2: Seeker

Guys

I do hope you can help as I have been around and around and no one can help.

I have a company handset which is part of a group sharer.

I have a suresignal V2 which I have had for a while.

It has been working (Horray).

Since we have now moved to a new Vodafone "supplier" - I no longer have access to my sure signal unit from an admin point of view.

I still have the same mobile number but have a new handset and sim.

The new supplier says they dont know anything about sure signals... not their problem.

The vodafone portal does not let me log in, and their telephone support say the account.number is no longer active.... even though I was phoning them from it.

If I try and register with the existing phone number, it says " system problem" - call us.

Anyone have any ideas?!?!?

David

6 REPLIES 6

BestGear

Hi

I am just wondering if I should de-registerthe box and try again?

How do I delet any portal account I had with the mobile number so I can "go again"?

David

eosman
9: Established

Hi There; Albeit the Sure Signal is yours - The account that it was attached to needs to de-register the sure signal - in effect - someone from the company you worked with needs to call in. Thereafter, you will be free to register the device, once you have created your own online profile. Hope this helps Best Gear. Take Care.

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

@Matt

Thanks for the reply.

I did a reset of the sure signal as the FAQ/guide said and after several hours, the box working as it should.

I still have not sorted out the portal access to set it up, but that is with the companyt that bills us... so we will see what happens.

At least I know the suresignal needs a reset when the handset and sim change and the number does not - that I found was weird!

David

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi David,

Thanks for the updates. If you're dealing with a 3rd party company then they will usually contact us if needed.

Feel free to keep this thread updated with your experiences using Sure Signal through another company as it will help other users in a similar position to yourself to get advice. 

I'm glad to see the device is now working as it should do too. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi - thanks for the reply.

The Company is the same, ie my company has not changed - it was the company that we have our group Sharer that changed...

Before the change,  I could log in and add./remove phones as you do.

Now I have no way to log into the same portal as the portal says there is a problem, and when speaking to Voda support, they say the phon enumber has been terminated thus the account is no longer valid.

I got them to call me on the number they said was invalid, and surprise surprise.. they spoke to me....

I have gone back to the new Voda supplier and they are hopefully on the case as Voda said there was nothing they could do - they seemed to think that the contract we have is "special" which i cannot believe!

I will let you know what happens in the end...

David