cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal does not display my caller ID number on BT landline numbers only.

LlywelynFawr
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently, have experienced when using my mobile phone via Suresignal and phoning a BT landline number, that my registered/administrative and personal number is shown as withheld, even though it is set up to display my caller ID number.

Have already re-set my Suresignal - no luck;

However, it does actually show my caller I.D. number when phoning another mobile.

Moreover, when using my Nokia N8 outside the range of 'Suresignal' appliance (outside my house); it is switched off or my phone is set to (which is not a good idea since I have a poor reception) to GSM mode - my caller ID no. will be displayed.

Ironically, when using my other back-up Vodafone mobile phone - it does actually show my caller ID number when phoning my B.T. house landline number.

I have a version 1'Suresignal' appliance, which otherwise does work!

Further, I had thought of re-registering my appliance - please advise.

Diolch/Thank you,

12 REPLIES 12

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LlywelynFawr

This shouldn't happen, Can you test a different number to see if the same happens?

It might be worth us re syncing the Sure Signal from our end. Can you let me know your serial number?

Thanks

Sukhi

I have already phoned another BT Landline number (some 2 miles from my home), and the caller has subsequently observed on numerous occasions, an 'withheld' message also on her particular phone when I have rang.

I had thpught of re-registering my phone number as the 'owner' once more. But it will not allow me to undertake such a task!

My Suresignal serial number is 21229600701 (Version 1)

Thanks! 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LlywelynFawr

That's odd, I've re-synced your Sure Signal to see if it makes any difference. You will need to do factory reset to complete the process. 

VSS Factory Reset

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks

Sukhi

For some apparent reason, when I hold the black reest button as requested, not all the lights come on or actually flash. Also, this is the case after the power lead has been re-inserted. Instead, I have a single 'on' light which after every 30 seconds goes 'down' and 'up', and then remains stationery for about another 30 seconds ish, before moving again!

Moreover, after re-inserting the power cable, the lights seem to flash in random and in different sequences (i.e. in 2s and 3s). From re-setting this appliance, yes it took about 1hr to settle down last week. So we will just have to wait and see! Thanks anyway!

Unfortunately, it did not work!

Any other suggestions?

Regards.

Hi LlywelynFawr,

This is a strange one and not something we’ve seen before.

We’ll try to get our hands on a version 1 unit to test in a live environment.

As soon as we have more information, I’ll post back to you.

Thanks,

Andrew

Yes it is strange!

Incidentally, this problem arose for a few days some 3 weeks ago, but cleared after 2/3 days.

But this time, it has not cleared!

Interestingly, if the Suresignal is switched off - and I am operating on GSM =>  the caller ID works (But the reception is very poor, and ofter enough, I would not be able to make any calls!). However, if the dual mode/3 G function is set on my nokia N8 phone, this 'withheld' message will be received on the 'receiver's phone', when I make any BT landline calls .

Cam I re-input my 'owners' phone number again? Currently, it is not giving me the option.

I have already been advised that to display my caller ID permanently, I should input on my phone **21*1472# 

Hi LlywelynFawr,

One of the team managed to test a version 1 Sure Signal and didn’t get the issue you’ve reported.

If you dial 1471 after the call, is your number given?

If you have more than one number registered on the Sure Signal, try changing the registered owner to a different number.

Then de-register the number with the issue and leave it 24 hours.

Re-register the number after this time and then change it back to the owner.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

Dialled 1471 - message that previous caller withheld their number!

Try changing the registered owner to a different number.'    -  Sorry, how do you change the owner's phone number to that of another number? I just cannot ascertain how from your site. Other numbers  on the Suresignal yes, but not mine! Do I have to change the 'administrator status'?

Please advise,