Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal dropping out occasionally

Jdrover1967
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have a sure signal and have had it for nearly 3 years. Generally it's fine but recently (since I moved it to the loft and now have wifi range extenders in the house) it drops out every day or two and has to have the power turned off and on again to reboot it. 

I'm on BT home hub broadband but am out in the country so quite a way from the exchange and around 1-1.5mbs connectivity. As I have thick walls I have wireless extenders for the home network throughout the house.

The suresignal seems to drop out when we have quite a few phones connected to it even if we aren't making calls. Also it seems to drop out when it's windy and / or raining. When the suresignal drops out it causes at least 2 of the wifi extenders to also drop out. Could this be connected to a drop in broadband connectivity? Could the wifi extenders be dropping out first which is the causing the suresignal to drop out?

Can the weather affect broadband speeds? Will a drop off in the broadband speed cause my suresignal to drop out?? Also would having the suresignal connected to multiple phones cause it to drop out?

Thanks John

0 REPLIES 0