Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal low signal level

julianhiorns
4: Newbie

I have a Suresignal v1. It's placed well away from our router an gives no indication of any failt conditions. Nonetheless, the signal strength on my mobile, which is about 3 metres away, varie between no bars  and full bars (more the former than the latter). Is there a reason for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello. 

Please take a look through these Sure Signal Trouble Shooting threads :

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

as these may help to resolve issues.

They have links to the key things you can do to try and self resolve the issue you are experiencing.

It may also be worth trying a different power supply with the SureSignal (Version 1 & 2 ), as there have been some reports of replacement power supplies solving the issues. They are available on eBay for around £10.

From member cineriv "But firstly, have a look around for a suitable unit with a 12 Volt output @ around 1.5Amp capacity that you could 'borrow' to prove the fault. Suitable units can be found on external hard drives, monitors, printers, routers etc.etc."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

The power supply is one we use in the workshop. It's rated at (a regulated) 12V at 3 amps. I've seen other posts suggesting that the problem may be due to latency on the line. I ran a test this morning and the average latency was 36ms (range 33ms to 39ms), which is well within the limit. I'm an electronics engineer, by the way.