Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal not working - Light 1 lit, light 2 flashing

GraemeKettle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have a version 1 Suresignal which has worked fine for several years now. Over the last week it has stopped working. Light 1 is solid while light 2 flashes. Lights 3 and 4 do not light up at all. I have gone through troubleshooting and reset the device etc but this has not worked. I have also phoned customer support with no luck.

I phoned my broadband provider (Sky Fibre) and they have said that there is no reason from their point of view that it should suddenly have stopped working.

Please could you look into this for me?

I saw on a previous post that you asked for some information so I include this below in case it is relevant to me.

Speed test result: Ping 13ms, Download Speed 37.78Mbps, Upload Speed 9.08Mbps

Ping Test: Packet Loss - Unable to test, Ping 11ms, Jitter 1ms, Line quality B*

External IP address: 151.228.112.118

Traceroute results:

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms SkyRouter.Home [192.168.0.1]
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 13 ms 15 ms 7 ms 027808ac.bb.sky.com [2.120.8.172]
4 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms lndgw2.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.124]
5 10 ms 8 ms 11 ms 85.205.0.93
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Suresignal serial number: 21197149236

Regards,

Graeme

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @GrahamKettle,

I can see that your Sure Signal has connected to our systems last night.

Is it now operating fine?

Thanks,

Matt B

Hi Matt B,

unfortunately the Sure signal is still not working. I currently have light one solid on and light 2 flashing. Over the last hour or so I have seen it alternate between this state and a state where only light one is solid on with no activity from any ofthe others and a third state where lights one and two are solid on and light four flashes. I never get a 3rd signal however.

Any ideas how to fix this please. I have tried changing the ether net cable but nothing changed.

cheers,

Graeme

Hi @GraemeKettle

Can you ensure that the IPSEC setting has been selected in your router settings, if you’re unsure on how to do this, please contact your internet service provider.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi @Laura,

I phoned my internet service provider and asked about the IPSEC setting however the advisor didn't seem to know what it was.

I have been able to access the settings of my Sky router through my computer but I really have no idea what I'm doing and am afraid I will make matters worse if I try changing things without the proper advice.

This is getting quite frustrating now as it was working fine a little while ago.

Thankyou for trying to help though.

Cheers,

Graeme

@Laura,

Could this have anything to do with my switch to Fibre broadband? I changed over a little while ago although stayed with the same provider (Sky) and used the same router.

Graeme

Nabs
17: Community Champion

It's almost certainly to do with your switch to Sky FTTC. 

When you change over your entire internet connection behind the scenes will have changed.

It may be worth deregistering, resetting and then re-registering after 24 hours, It might not make a difference but it ticks a box on the troubleshooting list. Once you've done that one of the team could maybe check the status once agan.

Nabs

@GraemeKettle Has it ever worked on Sky Fibre?

You might be able to get it working by tweaking the UPnP settings (or switching it on oif it's not already!)

To do this you will need to log into your router admin page, to do this open the page http://192.168.0.1/ and when prompted for a username and password enter admin and sky

Once in you want to look for the Advanced tab, in there there is a section for UPnP.

Once your there you need to make sure the checkbox next to "Turn UPnP On" is checked.

skyupnp.PNG

Once you've done that try resetting your Sure Signal and seeing if it will connect.

If your stilll having no luck you might want to increase the Advertisement Period  as well, some services benefit from having it a little higher than default. I've got my router set to the maxiumum, 1440, as the only UPnP device I have is the VSS and I don't want my network flooded needlessly flooded.

Onceyou've changed that try reseting the SureSignal again and see if it will connect this time.

Let us know how you get on.

Nabs

Hi @Nabs,

I dont think it has ever worked with Sky Fibre now you mention it but I couldn't be certain.

Thank you for you advice. At this time the VSS is still not working. I have checked that the box next to the 'Turn UPnP on' setting was checked, which it was. I have also changed the Advertisement Period as advised and reset the VSS but with no luck.

I have to admit to having no idea about any of this so I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,

Graeme