Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal offline

juli_carey
4: Newbie

Can you please tell me why my sure signal is offline so often? It seems to be endlessly flashing the two lights or sometimes has no light other than the red power one on. It's probably offline/flashing 80% of the time.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@juli_carey

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results.

Your ping test results from.

Your external IP address.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

DaveCD

well, i tried the troubleshooting tip of resetting the suresignal and now I just have a steady power light. I've looked at the trouble shooting for that but none of them seem to apply as the router is working, the sure signal did work intermittently, so its not that.

Any other suggestions please?

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@juli_carey 

Please post the information posted above and we'll be happy to investigate this further for you.

DaveCD

i've fianlly done all the tests you asked for.:

speed test results: Download 5.94Mbps, Upload 0.38Mbps

Ping Test: 41ms

IP 82.71.27.6

IPV6:  ::fff:5247:1b06

Trace route:  Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]

1. 1ms 1ms 1ms 192.168.0.1

2. 34ms 33ms 33ms losubs.subs.ds16.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.84.27]

3. 33ms 46ms 37ms ae1-135.cr2.th-lon.zen.net.uk [62.3.86.141]

4. 37ms 38ms 35ms Lndgw2.arco-ip.net [195.66.224.124]

5. 35ms 37ms 34ms 85.205.0.86

6. - 30.  * * * request timed out

The serial number is 40120530312

The unit now just either flashes both lights or just has only the red on.

Can you please tell me how to get it online line again and to stay online for more than a few hours.

Many thanks 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @juli_carey

Everything you’ve posted looks fine and your Sure Signal last connected to our servers this morning.

You said that you’ve now got a steady power light – has this remained?

If you’re still having problems, what light sequence are you seeing when you try to make a call?

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny, The red power light is always on and the other two flash and then go off so I only have the power light on.

it does come online at random times and often is only on for 5 mins or so. It did come on yesterday evening for a while, which was nice.

I can only get a signal on my phone or make calls when the red light and the white one next to it are on.

thanks for your help, lets hope we can find a solution.

regards,

Juli

Hi @juli_carey,

To ensure the issue is with the Sure Signal, can you please try your device in a different location and let us know if you experience the same issues.

Thanks,

Rodney 

How do I try it in a different location? it needs to be attached to the router doesn't it?

regards,

Juli

Hi can you please answer my question on how I would locate the suresignal somewhere else as it has to be attached to the router. Or did you mean something else?

Many thanks