Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal stopping BT wifi

moonhowler
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have read a few posts about problems with the Suresiganl and BT.  These have been both from Vodafone Technical Team and customers.  It seems there are issues but Vodafone are repeatedly emailing me to say there is no possible way the Suresignal can be stopping the BT router working.  WHY?

I have a Suresignal at work.  The broadband stopped working so the BT engineer was phoned.  VOdafone promised me it couldnt be the Suresignal.  Bt Engineer can find no fault on their equipment on TWO visits and decided it can only be the Suresignal.  My employers now have a £200 bill off BT and my job is now at risk.  Vodafone tell me they're calling my moblie to talk to me about the problem, but getting my voicemail.I dont have voicemaiil and there are no missed calls.  Theyre emailing me telling me Suresignal CAN NOT stop the router working and there are no issues with BT/suresignal, therefore they wont do anything about the engineer bill.  Can anybody PLEASE help me?  Vodafone are LYING to me even when they know my job is now at risk because of their equipment.  I wish I'd never had anything to do with Vodfone.  Never been so disgusted with awful customer service in my whole life.  ANY hlp in keeping my job would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I assume you have unplugged the Sure Signal to see if the problem goes away.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

We didn't till BT engineer came because Vodafone stated repeatedly that the SureSignal COULDNT in any way interrupt the wifi signal.  I trusted them and I was wrong.  The wifi works perfectly without the suresignal and stops the second the suresignal goes back on.  I think that proves BT are right saying its not their equipment.  I never for one second thought Vodafone would mislead or lie to me.  Now forum technical staff announce there are known issues but other vodafone staff repeatedly state no way the suresignal can be at fault.  Im left responsible for the £200 (plus vat) engineers bill.

Hi moonhowler,

Reports of things like this happening are few and far between, so it isn't a general problem. When it has been reported, we have found a few things which can help, as you can see from the other thread.

- Try moving the Sure Signal further from the Wi-Fi router to minimise electrical signal interference.

- Switch the router to an alternate channel to address signal interference.

- Switch the router to an alternate setting - e.g. B, G, N.

Also, try the Sure Signal on an alternate connection. If the same thing happens on that as well, then the box may be faulty, explaining the unexpected behaviour. If so, try a warranty repair.

Dave

Bt have established that its the suresignal.  My issue isnt how to get the thing working properly - I've given up the idea because its just too risky with my job, which is already risked because of Vodafone.  I dont have any trust in Vodafone to help or even stop lying to me and avoiding the problem.  I need help sorting why Im being lied to and treated so badly.  This forum confirms there are known problems and mine isn't the only thread reporting these supposed 'very few' cases.  Im one of the people it is happening to and want somebody to tell me who I speak to at Vodafone who wont lie to me again and offer some sort of basic customer support and service which I'm seeing none of now.  Ive never been so let down by a company ever.  Ive been a customer for many, many years and I know for sure that wont be the case for much longer.

jeffkinn
I have a few things to say in this. One - what kind of company threatens to sack you because you are having trouble finding out which bit of 3rd party kit is not working properly and you are getting conflicting advice from the suppliers. Two - it would have taken you ten seconds to disconnect the Sure Signal despite Vodafone's assurances and you would have seen that the Wi Fi re-appeared before calling out a BT engineer. Third - you could have Googled the problem like I did and found that other people have had this problem.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi again moonhowler,

The number of posts we've seen on this is very small compared to the number of Sure Signals in service. The thread Jeffkinn linked to is close to three years old with just a handful of customers posting, for example.

We do want to help, which is why I have posted some suggestions to help resolve the issue. If they don't work then we would need to see if the box was faulty, as mentioned before.

We would not be able to compensate you for the cost of the BT engineer.

Dave