Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal v3 no lights

domhnall20
3: Seeker

My sure signal lives under my desk plugged into the wall as I get very poor signal ever since Vodafone moved on to the O2 network around here (ILeft O2 for Voda due to their shocking coverage). 

I noticed yesterday my phone said "emergency calls only" and when I checked the Sure signal there are no lights on at all. Resetting it and switching off and on again has no effect. Now the web site is down so I can't even manage the sure signal there to check it.

Any suggestions? The Sure Signal is 2 years and 2 weeks old. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Turning off 3g and 4g to force 2g is known to stabilise calls but signal is still needed. 

Yes the manufacturer warranty is 24 months however your just over that and from posts on the community forum from other people Vodafone have supported them. 

I'd suggest to call back to see if another agent is a little more open to helping. 

If you perform a seatch on this forum you'll see the posts I'm referring to. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Please Note : If the Sure Signal displays ANY signs of internal failure / no lights then unplug it straightaway and contact Vodafone Customer Services.

Please contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat for help. 

The Sure Signal has a 24 month manufacturing warranty but we have seen that Vodafone will Typically support a unit that has complete failure 

Current Phone  >

domhnall20

Thanks. I rang 191, the sure signal is just over 2 years old so is out of warranty, they suggest I turn off 4G to make the voice coverage better. 

Semms like a rubbish option really. Not overly impressed. 

BandOfBrothers

Turning off 3g and 4g to force 2g is known to stabilise calls but signal is still needed. 

Yes the manufacturer warranty is 24 months however your just over that and from posts on the community forum from other people Vodafone have supported them. 

I'd suggest to call back to see if another agent is a little more open to helping. 

If you perform a seatch on this forum you'll see the posts I'm referring to. 

Current Phone  >

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@domhnall20

Unfortunately if the Sure Signal is now out of warranty, you'll need to purchase a new one in store or online

gsmsecure
12: Established
12: Established
What version is it?

Is it a version 3 with a 3 pin socket on the front?

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

yeah a version 3

Firstly and 'fortunatly' that...

....although your Version 3 is out of warranty, you are entitled to a free replacement.

Vodafone and Trading Standards are aware of an issue with these units burning out and agreed with Trading Standards that any unit with 'all lights out' will be replaced regardless of warranty.

You suggested that you returned to find no power to the circuit the SureSignal was plugged into, has this caused you any loss such as livestock (fish or other) to be lost or caused the fridge/ freezer to defrost or damage to external equipment caused by the surge as the mains tripped? If so, you should also claim for this loss from Vodafone as they are responsible for consequential damages within law.

Please read the thread I have put a link to at the bottom of this reply and do the following:

• Contact Trading Standards to report your failed unit and also report the fact that Vodafone have suggested to you without checking the facts as to whether this was an affected unit and instead suggested you should purchase a new one which was not was agreed in May 2016. They can be contacted on 0345 4040506, ask for your report to be passed to West Berkshire Trading STandards who are monitoring this situation.
  • Contact the BBC Watchdog programme in respect to the failure and being told to purchase a new one. Details below on my signature.
  • Contact Vodafone's CEO 'Nick Jeffery' and report this response to him as it was his office that agreed the replacement program in May 2016. Report that ChazzD without obtaining the full facts, very quickly suggested your unit was out of warranty and to purchase a replacement with your feelings on the SureSignal itself and the affect casued by the failure. If you search Google for "Nick Jeffery Vodafone CEO email address" you will easily find it, drop me a line if you can't.

You now have three options to obtain a new one for FREE:

• Take the faulty unit into a store with a copy of the email on page 1 of my thread below where there is a copy of the letter from the CEO. Speak to a manager and if you are refused, take details of the person and later claim expenses for a wasted trip.
  • Call Vodafone on 191 and speak to Customer Services as many times as it takes to get the response you want as at first you may be refused. Take down details of anyone who refuses you and send these details with your complaint to Nick Jeffery as I have been assured no one will be refused.
  • Go to the end of my thread and add your details where someone from Vodafone will make contact in order to arrange. Be warned that this method can take take weeks from what I have seen.

@ChazzD

Chazz, you are more than aware of the issues with SS3 as you have replied on my posting linked below. You have failed to identify whether this user's SureSignal was an affected Version 3 and quickly and without further question, suggested that the device was out of warranty and that at the customers own cost, that they should pay for a replacement.

As you can see above, it is very easy to identify which Version the customer has by simply asking the question as I did "which version is it?" and then replied to suggest that they contact you as it was an affected unit.

@

The OP did actually suggest in his first request that "there are no lights on". This should have rang the alarm to immediately disconnect the device and contact Vodafone. Maybe suggest in future replies in respect to VSS warranty: 

"Yes the manufacturer warranty is 24 months however your just over that and from posts on the community forum from other people Vodafone have supported them. However, if there is a known issue such as 'lights out' or complete failure, Vodafone are aware of this and you may be entitled to a free replacement, regardless of warranty status".

Link to the thread below:

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Suresignal-V3-Overheated-Blew-Up-Exploded-Hot-B...

It is important to report all failed SureSignal V3 using the links below to:

BBC's Watchdog: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact

Trading Standards: Call them on 0345 4 040506

Vodafone CEO: http://www.ceoemail.com -  (Search Vodafone UK)

theamusing thing is we have skype for business connections in to vodafone, I could actually IM the CEO. 

I'll save that level of escalation for later :Smiling:

BandOfBrothers

@domhnall20 wrote:

yeah a version 3

OK. 

Please re contact Vodafone Customer Services and firmly and politely point out the current issue with the Sure Signal and they should help. If for some reason they remain steadfast then follow the Vodafone Code of Practice to further your issues. 

If after that there is no resolution then do seek 3rd party. 

Current Phone  >