Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal was deregistered. Now re registered. Still randomly stops working

pryland
4: Newbie

I hope you allow me to keep this as a new message.

Previously I have had my new posts deleted. None of my posts are under my name so they are very hard to find!!!

I have done as it says in the title. There was a 2 day period of uselessness, then the box began working properly again as before, but seemingly better.  I did not post again as I did not want to speak too soon. 4 weeks into my new registration, I have to report that the box has dropped out about 5 times, but always come back.

I seem to have a further fault. This morning, (and this has now happened 3 times) I had a perfect 3g signal and the box lights were steady, yet the voice communication developed gaps. This was to a land line, so not a mobile prob the other end, so proving with this third similar fault that it IS the SS box causing the problem. To cap it all the SS box then disconnected completely. It returned after half an hour.

I have no problem with my BT broadband, but speeds are slightly low at ping 42ms, download 5mbps and upload 0.37mbps.

Can I now,  after more than 6 months posting on this forum, have an engineering test done by Vodafone on my line, with a full report and a SOLUTION given. PLEASE?

Peter

11 REPLIES 11

pryland
4: Newbie

No replies from Vodafone..........yet again!!

Slight mistake in the previous post - the other posts were "not in my name ",  because the vodafone "Tekkies" moved my posts into threads created by other people, rather than letting me have my own post. At last this is my thread, but no answers!

Well....The ###### thing is now dropping out in the middle of nearly every call!!

I managed to get the retentions team to send me a new SS box, so I will deregister theold and try the new one, even though it is the same design. I thought I would get the new style box.

No real help from this forum, but at least I feel other people can read the problems I am having. My advice is to move to a good reception area for Virgin or O2 and use that, or give up mobiles and rely on BT.

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello pryland,

I'm sorry that it's taken us longer than you'd like for us to respond to your post. We're really busy of late and are working as hard as we can to reach all of our customers.

Have you managed to set up your new VSS yet?

Could I take the serial number of the replacement?

Usually poor audio quality is down to poor line speed. Does the party on the other end of the line complain that you're not audible? I've seen your speed tests and they look fine. Could you try a simple test for me?

Please switch off all other internet-connected devices in the property and make a call. If the call quality is fine then you will need to change the priority of the VSS within your set-up. Unfortunately I can't advise how to do this but if you post your router make and model, one of our helpful community members may be able to help.

Let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

LeeH

Thanks Lee.

Please refer upwards my comments on how this forum works.

Over the weekend I was unable to register my box due to your website being down

Monday morning I set up my SS box with the help of a very good Vodafone agent I was passed to by 191. He was in Cairo!!!!

Quick and slick. My new box was up with 3G by 11am. I will post agin in a week to see if the fault is fixed.

If there are still any issues, I will post them and post the details as you suggest.

**** Note that I have been asking on this Forum for a replacement box for  about 3 months!

I am sure I posted in December when I had a BT fault and fixed the poor connection. This forum does not show it, though.

This fault was on one of the two old, thick, Bt pair. I learnt that Broadband would work on just ONE wire! but that to use the phone, both are needed.

Having fixed this on 19 December, at last my SS box has been much more reliable, after the 2 days of drop outs immediately following the fix.

Since then I have lost all mobile signal with the SS just twice.........Christmas day.....no signal all day, then today after 10 am.

Twice in a month is not too bad, but how can I stop these losses?

BTW I did a full reset on the box about 40 mins ago and it is just sitting there flashing!

Help again!

Peter

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pryland,

Not sure about the other post you mention. We only remove posts when the breach the eForum terms and conditions, which you're posts certainly don't seem to be doing, and there's no record of anything removed or otherwise on this username.

Do you have the Sure Signal serial number for me so we can take a look at things from our end and see what we can find out? The lights flashing after a reset generally means the box is updating the profile, which can take a little while, so is this still happening?

The periods when the Sure Signal service goes down may be down to a lack of a suitable connection, for example if the line becomes congested with multiple devices connecting directly to it. Are you running extra items on your broadband when this happens, such as games consoles, computers or laptops? If possible, can you check the line speeds for us when this happens - you can use speedtest.net again as you did previously for this?

Dave

Today again it dropped out so I again did a full reset.

Done all this before...............lots of times.

Box lost connection and it tried for 30 mins to reset.  Fails so I do a hard reset.

Average 5 kbps down and 0.35 up. Ping 55ms

One computer connected by ethernet cable, one by wifi, 2 phones on the SS.

Peter

Hi pryland, 

Can you give us the serial number of your new Sure Signal so that we can take a look and see what's going on?

Paul 

Hello Paul.

Several drop outs since the last posting. Yesterday it was off until rebooted. The same this evening.

Box is a Suresignal 9361

S. no. 40123565679

Hooked into a BT Home Hub 2.0

Download speed 6.2mbps  Upload  0.36 mbps   ping 59 ms

Peter

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi prylan

I have just taken a look at your Sure Signal and can see that it connected at 11:15pm last night can you confirm if it's now working for you? If not we can re-sync it for you.

Thanks

Sukhi