Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Surestart v3 headache!

Servlan
4: Newbie

Im ready for throwing this Surestart out of the window.  Since purchasing the unit I have found that I cannot register this against my business account, so it has to be assigned to my partners account.

Needless to say we got it up and running and today I had a power cut only to find out it is flashing red and two amber lights - yet when I follow the reset sequence, it does not turn off after 30 seconds (and when I release it switches the unit off)...

Tried to speak to Vodafone but because I am not the primary account holder they cannot give me support.

Vodafone, please help otherwise I will return this item as it is not fit for purpose.

Many thanks

Paul King

27 REPLIES 27

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

First of all it's called a Sure Signal.

Are you trying to use it with a BT Business Hub? - if so it isn't compatible with that unit and won't work/

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I know its called a SureSignal - hence the reference towards a Childs Toy!

Im using Apple's Airport Express which is then linked to my router.  This was working for 2 months prior to a power cut which happened today!

Thanks for the constructive help - not.

jeffkinn

Thanks for your appreciation of a fellow customer taking time out of a Saturday evening to make a perfectly valid point.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Sorry Jeff,

I didn't approach that very well.  Just really frustrated on the lack of Vodafone support.

Apologies for the poor response.

Best regards

Paul

jeffkinn

@Servlan wrote:

Sorry Jeff,

I didn't approach that very well.  Just really frustrated on the lack of Vodafone support.

Apologies for the poor response.

Best regards

Paul

No problems - I know how frustrating this stuff is.

Vodafone will only talk to the account holder unless they give the network permission and authority to speak to you - standard DPA stuff.

Who is your ISP?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Paul,

What router are you using?  I'm currently using my Airport express directly as my router but unable to get it to work with VSS 3.  I may have to try and find another one to use to enable VSS to work and figured if you had it working for a couple of months I'd give that a try.

Thanks

Chris

Servlan
4: Newbie
Hi Chris,

It's an airport express router which is setup using wifi then connected to a BT Router. I have been using it fine for the past 2 months with no issues.

Since the power cut I wonder if a resync is needed?

suckles2000
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Thanks for the reply! I'll keep waiting for Vodafone to get back to me, however reading through all the posts today it looks like this is a common issue!

Good luck!

Looks like my support options (with the exception of Sarah) is becoming limited.

Spoke to Vodafone this morning only to be told that my ISP would be blocking ports and to ask them to unblock it.  Apparently this is a known issue when you have a power cut?  Anyway, contacted BT only to be told that this is a seperate team and would be chargeable.

Therefore if Sarah cannot resolve it - I am well and truly stuffed!  I will await what Sarah says, but at the moment this product is not fit for purpose.

Many thanks

Paul