Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech Team pls help - phones will not pick up signal

laummatt
4: Newbie

Hi

We bought our SS last spring and initially it worked well, this however was short lived and after a month or two it stopped working. Since then I have tried to get it going again and eventually gave up and turned it off. Well were due to renew contracts soon and thinking of canceling with Vodafone unless we can get the SS working (what's the point of a contract if it can't be used?!!)

The SS has been de-registered and re-registered and been reset (30sec hold in, plug in and out etc). It is showing the lights sequence of 1, 2 & 4 (older version) and phones both have 3G switched on. No reception at all. My partners phone works on his friends SS box everyday at work no problem but will not pick up signal at home, my phone will also pick up 3G reception when away from home so thinking it must be our box. 

Any ideas before we completely give up on SS?

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

OK well Ive tested it at another house, same postcode. No luck. Could try a different postcode (that has coverage) if I really must. Is there a quicker way to get this resolved as Im managing to only send and receive one message a day on this forum?!

Please tell me what to do next, I need coverage at home for work ASAP

Regards

Laura

Hi laummatt,

Was the house you tried your Sure Signal (VSS) at using the same ISP? If so, it would help if you could try a different postcode to be certain it’s the VSS at fault. If they are on a different provider, it would indicate the VSS itself is at fault. If so, we can arrange to send your VSS for repair so, to get the ball rolling, I’ve just sent you a PM

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

If you can follow the details in the PM, we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

Hello. I have managed to try this at a different address and it still does not work. Does the same as at home, both lights flash for a while then nothing. Please can you tell me what to do now. I presume the box needs repairing (again!)

Laura

Hi laummatt,

Thanks for the update and what you’ve tried. It does indicate that the Sure Signal is faulty and that we need to arrange a repair for you.

Do you still have the PM I sent you the other day? If you do, just follow the instructions it contains and we’ll be with you as soon as we can.

Just in case you’ve deleted the previous PM, I’ve just sent you another. You’ll find it here.

Thanks

Andrew

Ive done this you should receive it shortly.

Laura