Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tech Team pls help - phones will not pick up signal

laummatt
4: Newbie

Hi

We bought our SS last spring and initially it worked well, this however was short lived and after a month or two it stopped working. Since then I have tried to get it going again and eventually gave up and turned it off. Well were due to renew contracts soon and thinking of canceling with Vodafone unless we can get the SS working (what's the point of a contract if it can't be used?!!)

The SS has been de-registered and re-registered and been reset (30sec hold in, plug in and out etc). It is showing the lights sequence of 1, 2 & 4 (older version) and phones both have 3G switched on. No reception at all. My partners phone works on his friends SS box everyday at work no problem but will not pick up signal at home, my phone will also pick up 3G reception when away from home so thinking it must be our box. 

Any ideas before we completely give up on SS?

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there laumatt,

Thanks for coming back to us.

There are a couple of hops on your trace route that are quite hight but they wouldn't cause the connection to drop out.

Everthing else loooks fine to me.

I've forced a resync for you. Could you factory reset the VSS for me and let me know how you get on?

• Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights come back on or flash, release the reset button
  • The VSS should come online within the hour

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi Lee

Did this, the lights flashed for a while and now nothing. JUst the power light. ????

What now?

Laura

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey laummatt,

Thanks for the update.

Can you try the VSS at another location such as a friend or relative's house? This will help us determine whether the VSS is faulty or not.

Cheers,

LeeH

Will I need literally just need to plug it in, conect to broadband and reset?

Hi Lee

Im afraid its still not working. Lights flash for a while once plugged in and then nothing but a power light. 

Hi laummatt, 

I take it from your second post that you've tried another conenction and it didn't work?

I've taken another look at your Sure Signal and the resynch that Lee performed wasn't successful so I've pushed another through for you now - can you reset again and let me know what happens?

Paul 

Hi Paul

Have done this, it again flashed both lights for a time and now nothing.

Laura

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there laummatt,

Can you tell me whether you've tried the VSS on another connection? It's not clear from your post, I'm afraid.

Thanks,

LeeH

Hi Yes I have

I can try another postcode but not sure why. Has this box become faulty I have been without coverage for sometime now and we do not seem to be getting anywhere. 

Thanks

Laura

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi laummatt

The reason we’re asking you to test the VSS with a different internet connection is because this will help us to find out if the issue lies with the Sure Signal our with your IPS’s router (Internet Service Provider)

Thanks

Sukhi