Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text from Vodafone "Sure Signal has moved"

sparkiemike
4: Newbie

I have got a text message saying my SS has moved. It has NOT moved. Vodafone please update your records - Sn No 40120520271 and STOP sending me text messages..

IT WOULD HELP IF WE COULD REPLY TO THE TEXT MESSAGE INSTEAD OF HAVING TO POST HERE!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

johnnice
4: Newbie

This happened to me when I changed my ISP.  A call to 191 and it was fixed immediately.  It's just another bug in the SureSignal experience.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Johnnice is correct in what he says.  If your broadband disconnects and reconnects with a different IP address, this will often show as a different location hence you getting the message that the SureSignal has been moved.  It isn't a bug - it is supposed to pick up the changes in location.

PWIAC

It is a bug - Tthe VSS control panel knows there has been no change.  If you change the postcode, save it, then change back to the originbal postcode, the texts still keep coming.  The customer service person who stopped them for me told me there was an 'error', as she termed it.

I have a static IP address and I have not changed ISP.

There is a bug!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sparkiemike

I've popped you an PM if you could reply back we'll take a closer look at things for you :Smiling:

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Sukhi