Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Worldwide SureSignal Shortage

heathmount
2: Seeker

Hi

I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to complain about the lack of SureSignals around. It's the usual story - visited/called 7 stores and they have none, customer services can't order me one, the website won't let me order one. I've already wasted hours on the phone speaking to people who can't/won't help, the highlight being this morning when I was advised to buy one on ebay.

So is this the right place to escalate complaints? I've just taken out a second line on my account on the promise of receiving one of these units and now I can't get one. Surely somebody somewhere in the entire Vodafone company can order me one. Live Chats won't help me, customer services won't help me, where do I go next?

thanks

heathmount

5 REPLIES 5

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi heathmount, 

We've got more information on this here

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 

Kay

GilbertA

Mine broke in late 2014.  I have been unable to order one since (191 says get one from a shop or online - neither source has one availalble).  Anybody have any ideas - I cannot make or receive calls at home with any consistency without one? Vodafone do not seem interested that I cannot use my telephone!

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi GilbertA,

This is a bit of a shot in the dark, but have you tried a new power adaptor?

For the sake of around a fiver from the well known auction site, it's worth a try and a lot cheaper than a new SS even if you could get one.  :smileyfrustrated:

V1's power adaptors have been failing a lot since before Christmas, so there is no reason why the V2's should'nt fail as well. They are the same adaptor.

Regards.

Yes, I have tried a new power adaptor.  The SureSignal V2 connects (and can be seen by Vodafone) but will not download the files to work.

Hi @GilbertA,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below including the following information:

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks,

Matt