Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Tracert fail

v8gaz
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, posting this on behalf of an elderly family member, so may not have all info to hand immediately. I bought my parents a sure signal, as they were not getting calls in their stone-built house. I have one at home, and am familiar with the setup etc.

I followed the troubleshooting guide, but the tracert failed. I understand that some IP addresses may need to be whitelisted for full connectivity - is that the case, and how do I request this?

aslo - I tried the device at my own house, and it worked fine. It's an SS3.

Gary

22 REPLIES 22

Definitely not connecting. Still flashing red.

@v8gaz 

Sorry to hear the Sure Signal still isn't connecting.

Are all the lights flashing red on the Sure Signal?

Its a flashing red and two solid white.

What does the red and two white indicate, and what about the failed tracert?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@v8gaz I've checked your Sure Signal and can see that your address wasn't syncronized correctly. 

This issue has now been corrected and we've resynced your device. 

Please allow up to 6 hours for the device to obtain a connection and to start working. 

Guys, still not working. Still flashing red and two orange lights.

Any comment on the tracert part of the diags?

This is at my parents house and I have to wait to go over to check, so this is not working as a method of resolution. I need a better process.

Seriously? No assistance? You have the tracert - what does that tell you?

@v8gaz

Your traceroute looks fine, however your address still hasn't syncronized correctly.

If the Sure Signal is at your parents address, is it possible for you to update the Sure Signal details with the correct post code? You can do that through your My Vodafone account.

It has the correct postcode.

Thanks for confirming @v8gaz

Just to double check, did you turned off the option for VPN Services on your router as @grolschuk suggested? It's important they're set so that the traffic can pass through.