Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble registering Sure Signal

Roobus
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I have been trying to register my Sure signal box for nearly a week with out any sucess.

As I need to use my phone for work calls, as I work from home and we havd very little signal unless you go upstairs.

I am now getting very fed up and cross.

I have had 2 people from Vodafone unsucessfully helping me the last one promised to call back on Monday morning unfortunately I missed his call and he left a message on my home phone saying he would call again Monday afternoon and that was the last I heard from him...

I have also left a message via the website asking for a call from support but have heard nothing.

I have been with Vodafone a long time but am currently so fed up with the poor service am not far off changing to another provider.

How do you get help from this company?

5 REPLIES 5

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Roobus,

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil

I had already looked at  Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread and that was no help what so ever!

Below is the information you asked for:

Your speed test results from:  Download speed 1.96Mbps
                                             Upload speed 0.37Mbps

Your ping test results from: 67ms  Jitter  2ms

Your external IP address from: 82.71.7.211

The results of a traceroute: Attached as a pdf

Your Sure Signal serial number: 21225098488

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Roobus,

Thanks for posting the results. Your IP is OK and the traceroute seems OK. Looking at the serial number, the unit has been in a 'Suspended' state since 30/09/2011. Are you the original owner of this Sure Signal? If so, would you mind emailing our team directly so that we can perform some extra security checks and investigate this ourselves?

You can find your PM inbox here where I've sent instructions on how to contact us. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben I have contacted the person I got the Sure signal box from they were the original owner of it and used it for about a month and it then went in storage for a while which will explain why it's been in "'Suspended' state since 30/09/2011".

Hopefully this answers some questions and means that this can now be resolved so that I can start using ASAP as this has now been going on over a week and I'm more than a bit fed up!

Phil

Hi Roobus,

If the device hasn't been used for 3 months or more then it does go into suspended state.  We're unable to reactivate it I'm afraid and so you would need to purchase another Sure Signal box. 

I know that's not the answer that you wanted but do let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Many thanks,

Phil