cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Two iPhones - one has full signal, other has no signal, both registered on Sure Signal website

blueeyes
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I received a new iPhone4 for work yesterday. Because I don't get a good signal in my flat, I've been using Sure Signal successfully with my existing personal iPhone 4S for the last year. I've registered the new work phone via MyVodafone, and received the text message confirming it was added to the SS box (it's the older model, with 4 lights).  

I still get a full signal on the 4S. However, the 4 is unable to get a signal inside the flat (as it would if I wasn't using the SS box).

I've done the following:

1. Followed the sure signal troubleshooter, including a full factory reset of the SS box, restarting router, etc. Lights 1, 2 and 4 are green. Light 3 is dark.

2. Run Speedtest - results in attachment

3. Run pingtest - results in attachment

4. Confirmed external IP Address - see attachment

5. SS Serial number and MAC address in attachment

My mobile is essential for my work.

Thanks in advance for your help

Niall

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi blueeyes,

Thanks for your post here and welcome to the eForum from all of the team.

All of the tests that you have done look fine and I can’t see any issues with the Sure Signal registration.

Can I ask if you are still having trouble?

The reason that I ask is that I can see that the server updated last night so this should have also updated the number registration.

If not, please try to remove the number that isn’t working and add this back onto the access control list.

James

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi blueeyes,

Thanks for your post here and welcome to the eForum from all of the team.

All of the tests that you have done look fine and I can’t see any issues with the Sure Signal registration.

Can I ask if you are still having trouble?

The reason that I ask is that I can see that the server updated last night so this should have also updated the number registration.

If not, please try to remove the number that isn’t working and add this back onto the access control list.

James

Hi James

I seem to have a full signal on both phones this morning. Wall monitor for the next few days.

Thanks for your help

Niall

I have similar problems...iPhone 4s owner works great

iphone 3GS registered user, doesn't work

tried phone reboots, carrier change etc, turn on off 3G etc

tried rebooting sure signal, it's new type :40123213460

pls can you re sync / work the magic

thanks

James,

Is there an update cycle for stuff added in the management/config section of the web site? Does this account for the delay in resets, etc., becoming effective?

TIA,

Peter

Peter

Hi GordonAndJulia,

I have re-synced the Sure Signal for you today; please can you let me know how you get on over the next 24 hours.

@ allegoricus, to be honest there is normally a polling window of around 2 hours to pick up and changes however, with all the updates being implemented at the moment with firmware etc it can sometimes delay the updates.

James

bigbazovuk
4: Newbie

I have similar issues. Old style Sure Signal. My iphone has no problems connecting.

Daughter upgraded from Iphone 4 to iPhone 5 yesterday and her phone wont connect although on same number.

The wife upgraded to an iPhone 4 from a HTC using the same number and cannot connect to Sure Signal.

I have tried to delete their numbers and re add them but to no avail.

any suggestions ??

It looks like deleting their numbers and re adding did the trick, took a couple of hours to get activated but got there in the end

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi bigbazovuk

That's great! Thanks for letting us know :).

Sukhi