Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

URGENT- no power to SS box, no signal!

AnnaHarrison
3: Seeker
Hi, a while back, I was sent a sure signal box free of charge as I had just taken out a vodafone contract and couldn't get signal anywhere in my house. I was very happy- problem solved, although it was ocassionally stop giving me signal so I'd have to unplug it and plug it back in again, but this worked.
Now, it is not working at all and isn't displaying a power light at all, it's completely dead no matter what i do. With no/ very ocassional 1 bar of signal in my whole house and 2 children at school (1 is special needs) I need to get signal again ASAP Incase there's any problems at school! Please help!
Anna
12 REPLIES 12

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi Anna,

If the Sure Signal is still in warranty you should be able to arrange a free of charge repair

If the warranty has ended you will unfortunately need to purchase a new one.

How old is the device?

Nabs

AnnaHarrison
Purchase one? But vodafone GAVE this to me for free otherwise I did not want my contract seeing as I get no signal in my house. I have since renewed my contract but it is useless to me if I have no contract.e AN my husband are on voda so that would be 2 contracts you lose.
It's about 2 years old or so.

Nabs

Hi Anna,

Just to clear up any confusion, I don't actually work for Vodafone so I can only suggest what i've seen from other topics of similar nature.

If it was indeed given to you as part of a previous contract you may be able to obtain a new one but I fear you may have to get to speak to someone a bit higher up than the usual CS routes.

Sit tight and one of the eForum Team will be able to give the official line. thjey usually tae a day or so to pick up  new posts so you'll have to sit tight

Nabs

Hi Anne
I had same problem as yourself I phoned. Vodafone today and was told if box is faulty and out of warranty then I will have to buy a new box £100. I was in same situation as you I am going to cancell my contract ASAP

I've had all of the units from 1 to 3.  The average lifespan has been about two years.  For the V2, which has the external power supply, the connector to the unit failed.  It could be persuaded to power-up with the plug in a certain position and I used gaffer tape to secure it. It lasted another 3-4 months before dying completely.

AnnaHarrison
Wow! Definitely not sticking with vodafone if they expect me to pay an extra £100 every 2 yeRs just for signal!!

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi AnnaHarrison,

Firstly, thanks to Nabs for the information he’s given, it’s spot on.

We’re unable to send out a Sure Signal free of charge, if the one you’ve got is faulty.

If it’s still less than two years old then, as Nabs mentioned, you’ll be able to send it for repair.

If it’s out of warranty, the repair will be chargeable and you may wish to consider buying a new Sure Signal.

Thanks,

Andy

AnnaHarrison
Andy, how can vodafone justify this? Your network is useless in my house. Without coverage, I don't want your network. Will I be allowed to cancel my contract without incuring cost?

Anna
As I said I have same problem as you vodafone gave me a sure signal box so I would take out a contract with them 2phones about £80 a month NOW my sure signal box is faulty out of warranty and if I want a signal I have to pay £100 for a new one