cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Un Sure Signal v1 after SIM swap (which may not be related!)

met24
4: Newbie

Hi all,

My normally trusty Sure Signal v1 has become unsure of itself! Serial number 21196904318, it's been working very nicely for a long time then when I had a new SIM issued on my main number (the one against which the Sure Signal is registered), the new SIM didn't pick up the 3G signal.

As far as I can remember, at this stage the other registered SIMs were still working, but a new one that I added at the same time didn't pick up the signal.

Factory resetting the box hasn't helped, nor leaving it off for a week or so, nor deregistering and reregistering against any one of several numbers! The top two lights and the bottom light are all on, but no flashing third light. I can see the IPsec traffic between the box and the clusterXX.vap.vodafone.co.uk servers going through okay -- and if I add or remove numbers a new config of some sort gets pushed down from Vodafone. But still no 3G signal that the mobile devices want to connect to! (iPhone 5S, iPad 3, Blackberry 9790, Nokia E51, the last 3 of which have always been happy in the past.)

I gather that there is a firmware update for the v1 boxes -- is it worth you pushing that out to see if it resolves the problem? The symptoms I'm seeing sound like the ones mentioned on http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Sure-Signal-1-s-w-upgrade/td-p/1735796

Many thanks!

Best wishes,

Martin

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Ben,

No problem. I'll actually be away until Friday evening so that'll give it plenty of time to come through!

Just to confirm -- factory-reset it when I get back? I presume there's no need to deregister and reregister again?

Many thanks!

All the best,

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Martin,

I've just been told that you need to keep the unit on instead of resetting so apologies for the previous post (it's my first firmware related one!). :Winking_smiley:

Just let me know Friday that the service is restored. :Laughing_Face:

Cheers, Ben

No worries -- keeping my fingers crossed for Friday!

M

Hi Ben,

Rock and roll :Smiling: All three registered devices showing 3G, and voice and data work nicely. Many thanks for your help!

Sorry it took until Saturday morning to let you know 😉

All the best,

Martin

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi met24, 

Glad to hear it's sorted! :smileyvery-happy:

Kay