Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to logon to web site to register Sure Signal

GeeDee
2: Seeker

As title really. Initially last week I was taken to a 404 web page unavailable, now I keep getting various incarnations of "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks. We'll be back soon."

Tried logging on with various browsers including Private Mode to avoid cache issues and different computers.

This has been going on for a week now.....

Originally managed to initiate a LiveChat when getting the 404 message but got lost after 4 or 5 transfers. Now LiveChat seems too busy (or broken) as no-one available

I have previously setup a Sure Signal so I know I have an account and I am able to get my password changed so my account is still recognised - but I can't access it.

Finally, when trying to post this message – it just seems to disappear so quite possible to have multiple posts – apologies if this is the case.

HELP PLEASE.

7 REPLIES 7

johnclark555
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Unfortunately this isn't really a reply, more of a supporting comment. I purchased a Sure Signal V3 on e-bay which arrived last week and I was able to logon to the Vodafone Website and register it. I did initially geta response that said it was already registered, but that was the Vodafone site problem of submitting pages before theyr were fully completed.

I also was able (eventually) to register some mobile numbers against the Sure Signal as "Users" - but again had the same problem of responses which said the number was invalid (despite it starting 07) or the user was already registered. Vodafone site again unable to deal with multiple entries, despite giving 4 lines of input.

Since then I have been able to Factory Reset the Sure Signal and have now got a Steady red Power light and Steady white lights on Internet and Bars.

All looks good - but neither of the registered phones appears to be getting a signal from the device and just show the normal 3G with only 1 or 2 bars (problem I was trying to solve)

Since early Sunday Ihave logged on to the Vodafone site which has changed its layout for bill previews etc. Every time I try to get to settings on Sure Signal iget the page showing -

"Our site is really busy, please try again later"

no availability of Live chat or any other online support.

our site is really busy, please try again laterHey Vodafone - THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

If the site revamp means that support is down then just say so.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GeeDee

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

@johnclark555

Only the original owner of the Sure Signal can request for it to be de-registered. 

Hi Sukhi

I do not have any private messages but that's possibly because my account has been deleted by Vodafone via another route. However, when trying to re-register, I'm still getting a message to say my number has already been registered.

Hi Sukhi

I only joined this conversation as I was looking for Sure Signal assistance over last weekend and had run into the same problems of not being able to find any. It was most frustrating to find the website upgrade had changed the look and layout of the account and there was no reference to Sure Signal at all. Any attempt to make changes of any sort resulted in getting a page that said the site was very busy and to try later, and Live Chat was Offline. I first encountered this on Saturday and it remained the case through to Monday.

All of this was in follow up to re-registering a Sure Signal the previous Wednesday, which appeared to go OK - but still wasn't working with the phones I'd registered. Having undertaken a Factory Reset the light sequence appeared good but was still not picking up calls from my phone when I tested it. Being unable to access the website was frustrating.

Having responses on Twitter to the comments made which simply kept referring me to the website and Live Chat (still offline) was even more frustrating.

In the background however, th sure signal was working and once your systems had eventually linked the phones calls were being picked up. So my problem resolved itself - just a pity I had to keep looking for help that wasn't actually there.

This is not the first time your Website, Back office Systems and Staff help have been out of synch. A recent SIM change registered on the website took nearly 3 days to activate - by which time I'd been back to the store and had a further replacement, which was then overidden by the original registration. Its a good job I was heading near the shop on other business.

My point is that, while apparently sophisticated, much of the Vodafone online assistance is simply not joined up enough to be delivering good Customer Service which should be your aim (you say it often enough). Talking the Talk is not the same as walking the walk, which is where Vodafone falls down.

Regards

John

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi John,

Judging by your message, it looks like you have the upgraded 'My Account'. 

This should get you there....... 

On the home screen of 'My Account'

• Select 'Manage' next to the main number.
  • Under account services select 'Manage services'
  • Select 'Sure Signal'

Regards,

Mike.

smk2015

same problem here about trying to register sure signal online, been around in circles trying to register and looking for info about registering, following links to web page that cannot be found to useless info, going to help and being logged out, it took a while before i realized i had to register on this site to reply to a post, was on live chat the other day and no mention of a sure signal box but they did try and sell me a top of the range phone with wi-fi calling in its settings, prob £50x24mnths, better for them than a one off payment of £70 for a big plug, corporate greed 

@smk2015

Sorry to hear you've had difficulty registering your Sure Signal. Have you tried the steps provided by Cineriv in the post above yours?

If you still can't register the Sure Signal, please let us know and we'll investigate this further.