Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register Sure Signal on ported number

griggs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently took out a contract with Vodafone and ported my number from Three. My Sure Signal was sucessfully registered to the temporary number I had before the porting, but then disappeared from my account. I am now unable to register it again, getting the error:

Sorry, there seems to be a problem.

We're working hard to fix the issue, so please try again later.: 500, 2011 - [2c2]

I believe the Sure Signal was de-registered when the porting happened, as I am able to register it against a PAYG sim that I was using to trial the network before I signed up. I am unable to add my contract number as a user on that account, getting the same message as above.

I've contracted live chat about this three times so far and they have told me it would be fixed in 3-5 hours, 24-48 hours, or within 24 hours respectively. Nothing has changed on any occation and I have not even had the courtesy of a call-back to let me know what's going on.

I then tried calling 191 and this time was told it would take upto three days to fix. This time is now up.

Where do I go from here?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm wondering if Vodafones systems are still seeing your original ported number still as another networks number if this is a recent port. 

It may take a short while if so for their systems to catch up for the SS to recognise it and allow the register. 

If the timeframe is up it would be beneficial to contact 191 again or let the Vodafone Team here catch up with your thread and I'm sure they will help you with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@griggs

Are you still having the same issue with your Sure Signal?

Please follow our troubleshooting guide for further help.

Let us know how you get on.

Yes, still having problems.

Called 191 again this evening and they still weren't able to resolve the problem. They said if I call back tomorrow someone should be able to help. I don't hold out much hope, although this time they had more of an air of competence about them that all the previous advisors combined.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @griggs

Are you able to register your new ported number onto your Sure Signal, on My Vodafone online? 

If not, please come and speak to us on Live Chat and we'll look into it. 

Thanks, 

Hi @amanda

No, I'm still not able to register my sure signal. I've already spoken on Live Chat three times already, and the same on 191. Including this morning when I was told they would fix it in another 72 hours.

What makes you think contacting Live Chat again will be any more successful than all my previous attempts?

Wow! Turns out sixth time's a charm. Got a text saying it's set up now.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@griggs That's great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to let us know :Smiling: 

If you need help with anything in the future, please get in touch.