You are here:
Ask a question:
Moderator (Retired)

Re: Sure Signal - Unable to Register, or Add and Remove Users

Hi danrp,

I can see that the sure signal has been suspended which is why you won’t be able to register the device.

Can I ask where you purchased the Sure Signal?

I would recommend returning this to the point of sale to get it exchanged.

@ hugheserino, I can see that your Sure signal is the same as the above please can you also follow this advice and let us know how you get on.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 221 of 803 (6,745 Views)
Rank 1: Guest

Hi

I rang Vodafone yesterday and spoke to a technical colleague - they advised me that the previous user needed to de-register the machine, which he has now done.

I still cannot, however, register it online so will try ringing back today to go through the process.

I bought the machine from E-bay (as I am sure many other users here have done) and woinder whether Vodafone put so many obstacles in the way of registering pre-owned Sure signals to discourage the second hand market and force users to buy new machines at £50 a throw...maybe I am being cynical !

Thanks

Nick

Message 222 of 803 (6,732 Views)
Tech Team

[ Edited ]

Hi hugheserino

I have taken a look at the serial number and can see that this is still suspended.

So we can investigate this further I have sent you a Private Message.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 223 of 803 (6,712 Views)

hi

i had a sure signal registerred to me but the number has been ckosed down and my on line account was closed as well for some reason. as i now have a new vodafone number i have managed to set up a new online account, however i cant register my sure sig al as it says it is already registerred to me. nor can i deregister it though as it must be registerred to my old number. 

i should be able to add numbers and remove them as its still my sure signal but there seems to be no way to do this, i dont know why closing an accout shuts down access to your sure signal?

can you help please?

Message 224 of 803 (6,690 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi djm0970,

So that we can take a look at this for you please can you let me know your Sure signal serial number.

Once we have this we can then track this to the old account and speak with you further regarding this.

Alternatively it can also be deregistered through customer services.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 225 of 803 (6,640 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, having some issues with our sure signal.

Has worked well until last October when accounts were moved, ie my dad's (which is innaccessible for some reason) was taken off as admin account, and moved to mum's online account ( She is the phone account owner), since then we have been unable to connect at all.

A steady no 1 light is all u get, rear lights at ethernet port are fine, unit has an IP address and is showing on the home network, in addittion to DHCP being available. The hub manager says it is also connected.

Have looked through the troubleshooting guide and other posts and have turned up nothing but that it's one for u guys lol

VSS serial- 21197107317

MAC, IP and Lease Time are as follows - 00:0E:59:19:2C: D9         192.168.1.173           00:23:17:56

Previously was connected via Bt Homehub 2.0 and is now connected to a BT Homehub 3.0 and BT is the ISP on a domestic contract.

My suspicion is that the Tech Dept have failed to de-register the unit properly, i have been back to them 3 times now with no luck at all.

In addition, when u attempt to register the unit, all u get is the failure message, it's very frustrating, would've been fixed before now but i've been away and my mum aint the most tech aware person around! lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 226 of 803 (6,633 Views)

I've had my wife's phone connected to our suresignal for about a year with no problems. I've just come over to Vodafone and I can't register my new number with the sure signal. Both of our phone numbers are with the same vodaphone account. I'm moving my old 02 number over to vodafone but I have a temporary number at the moment. On the dashboard for the suresignal it says that my temporary number is registered but I can't get it to pair up.

Any help please?

Message 227 of 803 (6,573 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey chas1974,

Thanks for your post.

I've taken a look at the VSS and it's not connected to our servers in just under a year. It's therefore been suspended due to inactivity.

There's no way for us to remove that suspension so we will need to speak with you directly to discuss your options. I've sent you a private message which you can access here. Please follow the instructions and we'll be with you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, could you let me know how much you paid for your VSS?

Hi alistairmackie8,

Thanks for letting me know you're having problems accessing the VSS. 

Could you first of all let me know the VSS serial number? Also, what handset are you using and does it have 3G enabled within the settings?

Cheers to you both,

Lee

Message 228 of 803 (6,556 Views)

I'm trying to connect an iphone 4s to the suresignal, my old number is getting transfered over tomorrow so I'm not sure if its worth waiting and giving it another go when I've got my old number back. I've got the 3g enabled.

The serial number on the SS is 401 113 278 43

cheers

Message 229 of 803 (6,541 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey allistairmackie8,

Thanks for coming back to me with your serial number.

I've checked and there's just one number associated with the VSS at the moment. The number ends 118. Is this your temporary number, your wife's number or your permanent number?

It's also worth noting that once the owner is registered, there's no need to try and add the number again as the dashboard will display an error :smileywink:

I can see there's a request to add a number ending 180 and this is showing as successful. There's also been a request to change the ownership from 118 to 180 and this is also showing as successful. Despite these successes, I can't see that ownership has changed, nor that the 180 number has been added.

At this point I'd recommend you de-register the unit, leave it for 24 hours and then attempt a fresh registration.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 230 of 803 (6,498 Views)

Hi,

I have been trying to get my Sure Signal registered for two days now, but haven't been successful, could you look at it please?

The error I am getting:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes

The "Sorry' sentence is a link, which points here:

https://online.vodafone.co.uk/VF_Family_Portal/producer/wsrp-wlp-ext-1.0/markup#

Which gives me this nice error page:

Not Found

The requested URL /VF_Family_Portal/producer/wsrp-wlp-ext-1.0/markup was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The serial number of my SureSignal is:

Thank you so much for  your help,

Domonkos

Message 231 of 803 (6,355 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey domi007,

Thanks for your post about your VSS.

I've taken a look and the VSS serial number you have supplied has been suspended. The last time it was in use was over two years ago.

Can you tell me where you bought this from, please? Unfortunately I can't do anything to remove the status of the VSS from 'suspended' so I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 232 of 803 (6,321 Views)

I just bought a VSSv2 online from eBay. When trying to register I receive "Sorry, The serial number you are trying to register is already registered. Please recheck your serial number and try again."  The owner says that it is new and unsed but this doesn't seem to be the case.  The serial number is 40110917768.  What are my options?

Message 233 of 803 (6,312 Views)

Hey Lee,

Thank you for your help, I will try to contact you via the "Contact us" form. I got it from an old friend who didn't use it much, so he didn't mind giving it to me.

You think it could be re-activated?

Thank you,

Domonkos 

Message 234 of 803 (6,293 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

In each case you will need to contact the person who the VSS is currently registered to in order for them to de-register the device. Once that has been done you should then be able to register it in your own names.

Cheers,

Lee

Message 235 of 803 (6,273 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am getting a website problem, when I go to submit the form. I'd like to register my new box, are you able to do that for me, if I supply you the serial number?

Message 236 of 803 (6,260 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Porkpie, welcome to the eForum!

Can I ask what the actual issue you're getting is?

If you can confirm what steps you're following and what happens, along with any error message, we can see what needs to be done to resolve it.

Dave

Message 237 of 803 (6,211 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II

iam trying to register another number to my sure signal account.i go to my account but there is nothing to do with sure signal in there,i know my account is not suspended as my phone works through it.please vodafone can you sort your web site out.
blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year
Message 238 of 803 (6,181 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.

Been getting it for the past few days, the link provided isn't valid, serial code is: 21197213891. The previous owners have assured me that they took it down to a Vodafone branch and deregistered it. 

As for the steps, I'm just fulfilling the form - prior to adding users, and skipping that doesn't work either.

Message 239 of 803 (6,158 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi tonytango,

Can you quickly remind us of your serial number so we can check the registration for you.

@ Porkpie, this Sure Signal is actually suspended and as such can not be unsuspended.

You will need to contact the original owner to ask for you money to be returned or get them to request a replacement for you.

James

Message 240 of 803 (6,760 Views)