You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Pottsy1time

Re: Sure Signal - Unable to Register, or Add and Remove Users

Hi, my sure signal is registered and is working for me however my girlfriends phone cannot pick up signal. I registered her number but when I go to manage users, hers is not showing. When I try and add her it says either, this number is already registered or 'you must enter a valid Vodafone number...'

Help please
Message 381 of 774 (8,591 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
SkudMissile

I just got a new v2 suresignal and registered it tonight alongside my existing v1 (that will be removed when this is setup) but I cannot add any users to it.

I keep seeing a " Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre." message.

I really need to know I can add my user list before I swap the units over as it will be residing in my loft and I don't want to be going up to reset it regularly like I do with the existing v1 (hence the upgrade)

Also the system has an old email address listed that I can still access (luckily!) but it won't let me change it to the current email that is registered to my account!

Message 382 of 774 (8,584 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Thanks you all for your posts here, please find a response to you below;

@ stevenlevy, I can confirm that the Sure signal has now connected to the server this morning and I can see that from your other thread here that your issue has now been resolved.

@ andy8421, thanks you very much for your feedback regarding the online system, we do feedback our customer’s comments regarding all aspects of the service to improve our service.

@ Scuba51, thanks for the update here, I have taken another look at this again for you today and everything seems to have worked and the number has been added.

When you get home please can you restart your phone to see if this caps onto the Sure Signal.

@ Pottsy1time, please can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number so that we can see what numbers are already on the access control list for you.

@ SkudMissile, thanks for the update here, basically if you clear the cache and cookies in your browser, log out of your online account and back in you should now be able to do this.

Unfortunately we have had a few issues last week and over the weekend that meant that the online portal wasn’t working however, this has now been resolved.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 383 of 774 (8,556 Views)
Pottsy1time

[ Edited ]

Hi,serial no. - 40111604811

Mobile no. Not working - (removed for customer security)

Message 384 of 774 (8,549 Views)
SkudMissile

Hi James,
I had already tried that last night and used two different devices but hadn't plugged the new box in at that point since I didn't want to be without a signal. I swapped them this morning when I left for work and it was up when I got home, just successfully registered all of the numbers I needed so just hoping it proves more reliable than the v1 it's replaced!
Message 385 of 774 (8,498 Views)
michubuldog

This is something new for me. When trying to add new users I am getting below error. Any advice?

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request POST /dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Additionally, a 301 Moved Permanently error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Message 386 of 774 (8,468 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here, please find your responses below;

@ Pottsy1time, I have taken a look at the Sure Signal registration for you and can see that the number that you mention isn’t working is on the access control list as the main number.

Can I ask if the phone is showing any 3G signal?

What phone is she using?

@ SkudMissile, please keep me updated with how you get on.

@ michbuldog, I must admit that I’ve never come across this error, can I ask if you have tried a different browser?

Also please can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number so we can check the setup for you.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 387 of 774 (8,460 Views)
michubuldog

Hi James

I tried IE and Chrome, both of them had the same problem. It seems to be fine now. I added users about 2 hours later. But this error was appearing in all 5 Sure Signals which I have registered on My Account.

Thanks

Message 388 of 774 (8,456 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
stevenlevy

hi there

I had to de register and re register my sure signal as the lead number which the sure signal was registered to was deleted from the account

my sure signal serial number is 21230711646

when i try to add users i get the following script

can you please confirm if this sure signal iscommunicating with the server this sure signal is a version 1

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__col5_11._jspService(__col5_11.java:160)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:147)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3242)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Message 389 of 774 (8,438 Views)
stevenlevy

i have a second sure signal can you confirm isf this one has communicated with the server the

serial number is it is a version 2

serial number 40112518390

many thanks

Message 390 of 774 (8,443 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi stevenlevy

Thank you for your post.:smileyhappy:

We have been made aware of an issue and we hope to have this service back up and running as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 391 of 774 (8,421 Views)
stevenlevy

[ Edited ]

the number that i am trying to add and that i am having difficulty addin are numbers ported over from o2

they are 

[removed for security]

I was able to add the other numbers but not these two

I am still waiting confirmation that my sure signals have communicated with the server

many thanks

Message 392 of 774 (8,418 Views)
paw010

Hi There,

Just received my sure signal and trying to register but i am getting the error message that the serial number is already registered! 

Can you please advise?

Regards

Paul

Message 393 of 774 (8,404 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi stevenlevy

Thank you for your post.

I have also tried to do this for you and experienced the issues, when a number has been ported in from another network it can take a while for the numbers to be recognised by the device as being on our network so I have raised a case to get these updated.

Hi paw010

I’d like to help to resolve this VSS (Vodafone Sure Signal) issue for you, but to do this I will need to take some further information from you.

Please can you supply us your serial number.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team 

Message 394 of 774 (8,372 Views)
stevenlevy

Dave, Any idea how long. 4 of the ported numbers are recognised. Two are not.
Message 395 of 774 (8,369 Views)
stevenlevy

hi there, i have now managed to register the two numbers on the sure signal .

apparently the reason was that the phone was diverting to a land line number 

i have to enter the following in the phone

##002# send

that clears the diverts  reboot phone and you can then register 

can you please ocnfirm my sure signal is communicating with the vodafone server

my sure signal number is 21230711646

many thanks

Message 396 of 774 (8,343 Views)
Tech Team
DaveCD

Hi stevenlevy

Thank you for letting us know this has now been resolved.:smileyhappy:

I have checked and can see that you have indeed connected to the Sure Signal last night.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to post.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

Message 397 of 774 (8,327 Views)
newrolandsizzer

Unable to access Suresignal via web browser

I can't get to my suresignal to add numbers.  I get a 'Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue. Please try again later.'

Been like this for a week.  Want to add my wife's new Iphone 4S which I believ may be problamatic, however can't even get to the box!

Have tried resetting box which continues to work intermittently with my old phone which is as good as it ever gets!!

Message 398 of 774 (8,262 Views)
SkudMissile

Re: Unable to access Suresignal via web browser

I've just seen the same issue and I have a friend visiting in an hour I need to add - not helpful vodafone!

Message 399 of 774 (8,256 Views)
SkudMissile

Re: Unable to access Suresignal via web browser

And now it's just let me in to add my friends number.....:smileyindifferent:

Message 400 of 774 (9,854 Views)