Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Sure Signal is working fine with handset of the main account holder.

I ported my wife's number from Orange to Vodafone on Monday 30th April but I am still unable to add it as a user to my Sure Signal despite being advised that I would be able to do so as soon as it was 'live' on Vodafone

Mostly I am getting this error message after confirming the addition, "Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form. Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre." On several occasions the interface has crashed and displayed lines of code starting with: -

The source of this error is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is:
com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is:
javax.servlet.ServletException 

I have tried adding the number with the leading zero in place and replacing it with 44, but both fail. I have also tried with and without a name.

I get the same result in Opera, Chrome and IE on three different computers running Win 7, Vista and XP.

Sure Signal serial number is 40120526799. I have sent the number I am trying to add by PM to Simon, James, George, Lee and DaveCD. James has tried to add the number on my behalf but has been unable to do so. Lee has advised that an issue with setup and provisioning has come to light and there is a backlog of requests, but my Sure Signal is set up and provisioned already so this seems like a red herring to me.

Please can someone sort this out? I would hate to think that this situation will continue over Bank Holiday weekend as I am already in the dog house for persuading my wife to transfer to Vodafone with the promise of improved reception. She now has ZERO signal at home and she is, to say the least, not impressed - and only too happy to tell me about it.

Have posted in 'Sure Signal - Unable to Register, or Add and Remove Users' thread in the hope that this will be resolved before the Bank Holiday Weekend.

Lee - I posted in the 'Troubleshooting' thread as requested, but my post got moved to this thread. Well, I tried.

Would be grateful for some help with this issue regardless. 

All of the posts from the original thread have now been moved to this 'troublehsooting' thread. Somebody's been busy!

Any chance of diverting some effort to resolving the issue I have had for the past 5 days? 

I am still unable to add a new user. My Account has taken to displaying lines of code following the failure (Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController" etc.) rather than the 'wait a few minutes and try again' message, which makes a change if nothing else.

Spoke to customer services yesterday who assured me it would be working this morning. It isn't :smileyfrustrated:

Same here still. Getting a bit annoyed now.

I have just removed a number already set up on my SS and then re added it with no problems.

Must be the number ported in that is the problem.

VERY frustrating

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

This sounds like a port issue rather than a Sure Signal issue since all other devices appear to be working as expected.

I've sent you both a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Have sent details requested via contact form. Looking forward to this issue being resolved.

I have attached a screenshot of the My Account home page of the number I have been unable to add to my Sure Signal. The panel which would normally display unbilled usage has been blank with a heading of "Loading..." ever since the number was ported from Orange 6 days ago, which may be indicative of some database or other not being updated. I have blurred the phone number and blanked the My Plan details to preserve privacy.

The number is working as normal and is able to make/receive calls and send/receive texts - but not from home when there is zero signal.