Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your response.  The second phone that I'm trying to connect is an HTC Desire Z which is fully 3g aware (http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_z-3421.php).  I can confirm that I have had this phone connected to multiple standard 3g masts in the past.

I'll follow the directions in your PM now.

Thanks,

Gloria

Hey folks,

We have an announcement here. Please subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Thanks,

Lee

Lee, thanks for noting and creating a thread with the problem. Thaty's the fastest any Vodafone employee has ever noted a problem AND replied. I'm impressed! :smileyhappy:

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No problem, FanGirl.

I've just updated the announcement so you should now be able to register your device :Winking_smiley:

Cheers,

Lee

Hi Guys

It is now over 24 hours since I registered 3rd SS and SS still stating pending active. I registered one more after that and this went to Registered status straight away. Any idea what's wrong. I can't dereister it either.

I have not received any txt or email confirmation .

Thanks for any help

Hi Lee

No, still not fixed. Can add all the details but it then fails after clicking on add user or register without adding any users

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)

Can register using Internet Explorer but not Chrome. Great:smileymad: Come on Vodafone, you need to make the registration cross browser compatible or at least put a warning on the web page.

Is this a normal thing that Vodafone servers are not reliable and few times a week there is a problem with registering either new devices or users?

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)

Hey guys,

Thanks for letting me know you're unable to log in to manage your Sure Signal.

Could you all try clearing your browser's cache and cookies for me and if this fails to clear the error, provide me with your VSS serial numbers?

Cheers,

Lee

Could you have a look at 40113703942 please?

Page full of code using 2 different browsers, it won't let me register my new box.

Thanks