Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi danrp,

Can you confirm, step by step, what happens when you try to register the Sure Signal and what stage you reach before you get the error?

Also, have you just bought the Sure Signal from us, was it from a previous owner or have you had it for some time and you're looking to re-register it?

Dave

Dave

Fails on the last step, regardless if I opt to save without adding users or not. The SureSignal has been kicking around at work for a while so might have been registered before.

Thanks
Dan 

hugheserino
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I have bought a used Suresignal box but when trying to register have constantly encountered the error message that there is a system error - please try again in  a few minutes.

The serial number is 21196805416

Wouild you please be able to assist ?

Many thanks

Nick

Hi danrp,

I can see that the sure signal has been suspended which is why you won’t be able to register the device.

Can I ask where you purchased the Sure Signal?

I would recommend returning this to the point of sale to get it exchanged.

@ hugheserino, I can see that your Sure signal is the same as the above please can you also follow this advice and let us know how you get on.

James

Hi

I rang Vodafone yesterday and spoke to a technical colleague - they advised me that the previous user needed to de-register the machine, which he has now done.

I still cannot, however, register it online so will try ringing back today to go through the process.

I bought the machine from E-bay (as I am sure many other users here have done) and woinder whether Vodafone put so many obstacles in the way of registering pre-owned Sure signals to discourage the second hand market and force users to buy new machines at £50 a throw...maybe I am being cynical !

Thanks

Nick

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi hugheserino

I have taken a look at the serial number and can see that this is still suspended.

So we can investigate this further I have sent you a Private Message.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

hi

i had a sure signal registerred to me but the number has been ckosed down and my on line account was closed as well for some reason. as i now have a new vodafone number i have managed to set up a new online account, however i cant register my sure sig al as it says it is already registerred to me. nor can i deregister it though as it must be registerred to my old number. 

i should be able to add numbers and remove them as its still my sure signal but there seems to be no way to do this, i dont know why closing an accout shuts down access to your sure signal?

can you help please?

Hi djm0970,

So that we can take a look at this for you please can you let me know your Sure signal serial number.

Once we have this we can then track this to the old account and speak with you further regarding this.

Alternatively it can also be deregistered through customer services.

James

Hi, having some issues with our sure signal.

Has worked well until last October when accounts were moved, ie my dad's (which is innaccessible for some reason) was taken off as admin account, and moved to mum's online account ( She is the phone account owner), since then we have been unable to connect at all.

A steady no 1 light is all u get, rear lights at ethernet port are fine, unit has an IP address and is showing on the home network, in addittion to DHCP being available. The hub manager says it is also connected.

Have looked through the troubleshooting guide and other posts and have turned up nothing but that it's one for u guys lol

VSS serial- 21197107317

MAC, IP and Lease Time are as follows - 00:0E:59:19:2C: D9         192.168.1.173           00:23:17:56

Previously was connected via Bt Homehub 2.0 and is now connected to a BT Homehub 3.0 and BT is the ISP on a domestic contract.

My suspicion is that the Tech Dept have failed to de-register the unit properly, i have been back to them 3 times now with no luck at all.

In addition, when u attempt to register the unit, all u get is the failure message, it's very frustrating, would've been fixed before now but i've been away and my mum aint the most tech aware person around! lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had my wife's phone connected to our suresignal for about a year with no problems. I've just come over to Vodafone and I can't register my new number with the sure signal. Both of our phone numbers are with the same vodaphone account. I'm moving my old 02 number over to vodafone but I have a temporary number at the moment. On the dashboard for the suresignal it says that my temporary number is registered but I can't get it to pair up.

Any help please?