Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey domi007,

Thanks for your post about your VSS.

I've taken a look and the VSS serial number you have supplied has been suspended. The last time it was in use was over two years ago.

Can you tell me where you bought this from, please? Unfortunately I can't do anything to remove the status of the VSS from 'suspended' so I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Hey Lee,

Thank you for your help, I will try to contact you via the "Contact us" form. I got it from an old friend who didn't use it much, so he didn't mind giving it to me.

You think it could be re-activated?

Thank you,

Domonkos 

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey guys,

Thanks for your posts.

In each case you will need to contact the person who the VSS is currently registered to in order for them to de-register the device. Once that has been done you should then be able to register it in your own names.

Cheers,

Lee

I am getting a website problem, when I go to submit the form. I'd like to register my new box, are you able to do that for me, if I supply you the serial number?

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Porkpie, welcome to the eForum!

Can I ask what the actual issue you're getting is?

If you can confirm what steps you're following and what happens, along with any error message, we can see what needs to be done to resolve it.

Dave

iam trying to register another number to my sure signal account.i go to my account but there is nothing to do with sure signal in there,i know my account is not suspended as my phone works through it.please vodafone can you sort your web site out.
blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes.

Been getting it for the past few days, the link provided isn't valid, serial code is: 21197213891. The previous owners have assured me that they took it down to a Vodafone branch and deregistered it. 

As for the steps, I'm just fulfilling the form - prior to adding users, and skipping that doesn't work either.

Hi tonytango,

Can you quickly remind us of your serial number so we can check the registration for you.

@ Porkpie, this Sure Signal is actually suspended and as such can not be unsuspended.

You will need to contact the original owner to ask for you money to be returned or get them to request a replacement for you.

James

You should improve the feedback of your form, and why is an artifical suspension been placed, because of inactivity? That makes no technical sense in the slightest. What's to stop you from removing the record, and adding as a new? or most likely, setting the boolean to false.

hi james,
the serial no is 40111015695 i know it is registered
as when i switch it off i loose signal on my phone.the number iam trying to register on it is (removed for security)

blackberry storm 2
nokia n97 mini x6
sony Ericsson satio
htc touch 2
htc hd2
samsung galaxy s x3
nokia e65
htc desire hd x2

so far this year