Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Hi James,
I had already tried that last night and used two different devices but hadn't plugged the new box in at that point since I didn't want to be without a signal. I swapped them this morning when I left for work and it was up when I got home, just successfully registered all of the numbers I needed so just hoping it proves more reliable than the v1 it's replaced!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your posts here, please find your responses below;

@ Pottsy1time, I have taken a look at the Sure Signal registration for you and can see that the number that you mention isn’t working is on the access control list as the main number.

Can I ask if the phone is showing any 3G signal?

What phone is she using?

@ SkudMissile, please keep me updated with how you get on.

@ michbuldog, I must admit that I’ve never come across this error, can I ask if you have tried a different browser?

Also please can you let me know your Sure Signal serial number so we can check the setup for you.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

Hi James

I tried IE and Chrome, both of them had the same problem. It seems to be fine now. I added users about 2 hours later. But this error was appearing in all 5 Sure Signals which I have registered on My Account.

Thanks

hi there

I had to de register and re register my sure signal as the lead number which the sure signal was registered to was deleted from the account

my sure signal serial number is 21230711646

when i try to add users i get the following script

can you please confirm if this sure signal iscommunicating with the server this sure signal is a version 1

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__col5_11._jspService(__col5_11.java:160)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:147)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3242)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

i have a second sure signal can you confirm isf this one has communicated with the server the

serial number is it is a version 2

serial number 40112518390

many thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stevenlevy

Thank you for your post.:smileyhappy:

We have been made aware of an issue and we hope to have this service back up and running as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

the number that i am trying to add and that i am having difficulty addin are numbers ported over from o2

they are 

[removed for security]

I was able to add the other numbers but not these two

I am still waiting confirmation that my sure signals have communicated with the server

many thanks

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stevenlevy

Thank you for your post.

I have also tried to do this for you and experienced the issues, when a number has been ported in from another network it can take a while for the numbers to be recognised by the device as being on our network so I have raised a case to get these updated.

Hi paw010

I’d like to help to resolve this VSS (Vodafone Sure Signal) issue for you, but to do this I will need to take some further information from you.

Please can you supply us your serial number.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team 

Dave, Any idea how long. 4 of the ported numbers are recognised. Two are not.

hi there, i have now managed to register the two numbers on the sure signal .

apparently the reason was that the phone was diverting to a land line number 

i have to enter the following in the phone

##002# send

that clears the diverts  reboot phone and you can then register 

can you please ocnfirm my sure signal is communicating with the vodafone server

my sure signal number is 21230711646

many thanks