Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unhappy Customer.

Psh
2: Seeker

I am vodafone customer but after my experiences over  the last few months wish I was not.

I currently spend over £120 each month over 4 phone contracts.

Last year I moved house,  Unfortunatly in my new home the signal was poor.

In April of this year I purchased a sure signal.   A product vodafone supply (Which customers have to pay extra for)  which uses your home internet to make calls by providing a 3g signal within the home.

The product since I purchased it has been faulty.   And hence never been fit for purpose.   I have complainned to vodafone various times.   I have been promised call backs from technical team which never arrived.

The sure signal itself works intermittently.   Sometimes I have full signal, next time I check i have none.

I can make a call when i have a full signal and it will oftern drop out.

I decided enough was enough. And have taken back the product to the vodafone store.

The deputy manager said they are unable  to give me a refund as its outside the 7 day policy.    

And to make a complaint about it I would have to speak to vodafone over the phone.

I left the product with the store manager and went home.

(2 hours spent travelling to and fro store and discussing instore)

When I got home, I choose to complain.   I went online and spoke to somone on chat.    He could not help me with refunding the product.  But called me and said he will put me through to manager.

Shortly after being put on hold, I was cut off.    (I am sure I am not the only one who has had this happen :Smiling: )

I then decided to call 191 and went through the whole process again.    This time someone put me on hold to speak to the manager i was on hold for over 2 hours.

Eventually a manager answered.  They told me over and over again about vodafones 7 day policy,  Could authorise a repair but no refund.    If this had been resoltion 2 weeks after I brought the product I would of been happy with this.   But after countless times of trying to get it resolved I wanted a refund.    I was then told under no circumstances I will get one.  I quoted her the "sales of good act 1979"   The part which states "satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and last a resonable amount of time"   She kept saying her policy says 7 days and thats it.   And the sales of good act does not apply.

She then told me it would be escalted to her manager but I had to wait another 3-5 working days but he would say the same.    But he could then escalte it to customer relations.

So here I am atm,  waiting the 3-5 days for a manager to call me.  Who will not be able to help me but then have to wait a period of time for it to be escalted to a customer relations team.

Generally over the years I have not had any issus with vodafone.  But this has me thinking of moving elsewhere.

13 REPLIES 13

Psh

b.

Psh

a

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The sure signal when it works is a terrific device. The eforum tech team here is your best bet to get this issue resolved to your satisfaction. They'll be along in a day or so.

However, the law does not entitle you to a refund but it does oblige the retailer to repair the device under warranty.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

I do not have the Sure Signal Box anymore.  Vodafone Bournemouth have it.

Speed and ping test

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3596893599

Ping: <1ms

Download 785 Mb/s

Upload  460 Mb/s

External IP:  Not providing on public forum

Sure Signal serial number:  Do not have as vodafone Bournemouth now have product

tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms gw1.sov.fibreband.co.uk [193.105.172.1]
3 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms welcome.to.gigler.co.uk [81.27.67.97]
4 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms cg4-cg3.c4l.co.uk [84.45.90.41]
5 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms cg3-wolverine.net.c4l.co.uk [82.197.78.38]
6 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms wolverine-swanzo.blue.net.c4l.co.uk [84.45.23.25
]
7 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms swanzo-ringo.blue.net.c4l.co.uk [84.45.23.26]
8 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms v3882.ae3.beorn.hex89.ipv4.net.c4l.co.uk [84.45.
21.186]
9 5 ms 5 ms 5 ms ae7-300.lon21.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.94.101]
10 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms xe-4-1-0.lon11.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.107.21]
11 6 ms 5 ms 6 ms ae9-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.22.217]
12 * * * Request timed out.

I have done about 5 tracert over past 12 hours all are timing out on hop 12.

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi psh,

We will need the IP address to ensure that it's on our whitelist. I'm assuming with the speeds you're getting that you're not on a conventional UK broadband connection. 

This is most likely the reason that the Sure Signal isn't working correctly.

If you could also let us know the Sure Signal serial number, we'll also be able to look at the statistics on our system.

Thanks,

Matt B

I do not have the sure signal anymore.  Hence do not have serial number.

Maybe you can check history and get serial number via my vodafone account.

I am more than happy to share my IP with vodafone but not on a public forum :Winking_smiley:

Had a call from the customer relations team.  

They want me to spend another 2 hours of my time going back to the store to collect the product to diganose it.

They can not offer refund or replacement until this is done.

Crazy thing is if they looked at the product, They would see its impossible to take the cat 5 cable out.  (Whether this is a connected fault or another fault I am unsure)     But you would of thought this would of been enough to show the product is faulty.

But I need to pick up the product and tell someone over the phone.