Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unreliable SureSignal- I've had enough!

itsahabit
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had my Suresignal V3 since June of this year. During that time I have only managed to complete a few calls via the device.

Almost every day I find the internet light flashing orange. Usually it will reconnect with a power cycle but on at least two ocaissions it has needed a full reset by vodafone support. Sometimes I need to power cycle two or three times a day.

I also find my phone will not connect to it when it does have both lights showing white and healthy. Sometimes it connects after a long time, some times not at all. It isn't the phone- I've tried the SIM in other handsets with the same problem.

On the rare times when it is working and my phone connects, I can't trust it to complete a call as it regularly drops mid call usually with all lights flashing orange.

I don't understand why it is so temperamental as I do not have a problem with any other network device.

I even have an equivalent unit that was supplied free of charge by Three. This unit works without any of the issues I experience with the rather expensive Suresignal, giving trouble free calling everyday and only once needing to be powercycled in all the time I've had it!

Meanwhile I am using a softphone to call out and going outside to the street to receive incoming calls on my Vodafone device.

Unless Vodafone can explain why I am having so much trouble from this unit, or can offer some form of firmaware update or replacement to end these problems then I will have to conclude it is not fit for purpose and request a refund.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Thanks for your reply.

I can provide the detals you have requested (I have provided similar details previously). However I feel you have missed the point of my post.

I do not have a problem connecting to your service, power cycling the Suresignal will see it reconnect. The issue is that it keeps dropping the internet connection for no apparent reason. This happens just about every day at least once. It also drops during calls on the rare occaisons when I can actually use it. Every time I look at the unit it has a flashing orange internet light and a rapidly flashing red LED.

I cannot see how the information you request can possibly help with this. I have an excellent internet connection which I have monitored for outages without detecting any at all recently. This issue is not happening with any other device in my home, it is specific to the Suresignal.

I can forward this information to you later today but I feel that this is just following a script without any actual thought to the issue.

Hi itshabit,

Your speed test, ping test and traceroute are fine. The traceroute itself does complete, the last IP address shown is when it reaches our servers.

If your Sure Signal is now maintaining a connection, it’s great news.

I’d suggest checking to make sure the following ports are open/forwarded on your router.

Port Number

8          TCP      UDP    

50         TCP      UDP    

53         TCP      UDP      

67                     UDP                                                                

68                     UDP    

123                   UDP    

500                   UDP    

1723     TCP      UDP    

4500                 UDP    

33434 - 33445    UDP    

Let me know if anything changes and what lights are showing on your Sure Signal.

Cheers,

Andrew

The Sure Signal is not maintaining a connection. It dropped a call again last night and was back to the orange internet light again. I power cycled and it connected as is usual.

This morning it was in error again showing the orange internet light. Again I power cycled and it reconnected.

This thing is driving me mad. It is worse than useless as it hints at geat things only to disappoint constantly.

I will check the ports you suggest this evening. If I find them any not open I will correct that and give the unit a few weeks to assess if it has made any difference.

If those ports are all open, then I'm afraid I will be asking to return the unit for a refund.

Thanks for trying to help.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi itshabit

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues. Keep us updated on how it goes with the ports.

Thanks

Sukhi

I have just come home to find my Suresignal actually still online! My phone connected right away and I thought all might be well for a change...

I then received a call. Less than a minute in to the call the Suresignal dropped out. My phone showed a no network symbol and I was left cursing again. Unusually the Suresignal actually didn't go to its normal state of flashing orange internet light, this time it managed to reconnect and I have two white lights- Internet and 3G service and my phone has reconnected. A quick call to my voicemail to check the message left from my dropped caller worked OK. This would be a great item if I could complete calls more often like I can on my 3 device.

Here are the details you requested:

Your speed test results from here.

Down- 117.83  Up- 10.21

Your ping test results from here.

12/4/2013 5:19 PM GMT86.28.231.36Milton Keynes20 ms8 ms0%A (4.39)~ 150 miClose

Your external IP address from here.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

The results of a traceroute.

Tracing route to cluster4.vap.vodafone.co.uk [212.183.133.177]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    31 ms    15 ms    15 ms  10.147.224.1
  2    15 ms    15 ms    15 ms  leed-core-2a-xe-210-0.network.virginmedia.net [8
2.15.94.85]
  3    20 ms    16 ms    22 ms  leed-bb-1c-ae14-0.network.virginmedia.net [213.1
05.159.249]
  4     *        *      154 ms  leed-bb-1b-ae10-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.25
3.174.25]
  5    21 ms    18 ms    18 ms  nrth-bb-1b-et-710-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.
253.175.50]
  6    21 ms    80 ms    20 ms  tele-ic-4-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.253.
174.18]
  7    36 ms   123 ms    38 ms  ldngw1.arcor-ip.net [195.66.224.209]
  8    36 ms    34 ms    33 ms  85.205.116.6
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

I meant to mention that I find it odd that at this moment the Suresignal is connected and I can make a call but the traceroute cannot complete. Very strange.