Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsure Signal Part 2

evanowen
7: Helper

Woe is me, bought a new V3 SS and it WORKED for a few days.

Then the red light started flashing while the Internet light was on steady orange, reset it, still flashing but 3rd light (handset?) steady orange, reset hub, still flashing and steady orange 3rd light.

Changed cable, still the same, switched it all off and still stuck.

I have the 'flu (not man flu) and I'm depressed because I cannot use my Vodafone account in the way I might legitimately expect even after paying £100 for a device that plugs the gap in VF service and signal. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm wondering if BT is fiddlin' wiv de settins and that is why the connection drops. 

They are gearing up for fibre all over the place and of late they have been like locusts around the local exchange after some contractors shove more cable under the road late at night.

My new SS V3 went off twice yesterday, one when I was on the phone and I heard a click on the landline, it then came back on after an hour or so.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

evanowen

Other subjects are receiving lots of VF attention, can I have some please?

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Hi evanowen,

I’ve checked your serial number and it’s showing as deregistered.

You’ll need to login to your My Vodafone and reregister the Sure Signal.

Once you’ve done this, the unit will download the latest profile which can take up to 6 hours.

Once this has completed, the Sure Signal will work as normal again.

Let me know how you go on.

Cheers,

Andrew

I deregistered the old V1 and registered the new V3

Good grief, is there anybody out ther who doesn't treat customers as if they just fell out of a tree??

I'm wondering if BT is fiddlin' wiv de settins and that is why the connection drops. 

They are gearing up for fibre all over the place and of late they have been like locusts around the local exchange after some contractors shove more cable under the road late at night.

My new SS V3 went off twice yesterday, one when I was on the phone and I heard a click on the landline, it then came back on after an hour or so.

Hi evanowen,

Thanks for the information.

I found your serial number from one of the other threads you’d created.

I checked your most recent posts but couldn’t see where you’d posted another serial number, so only had the version 1 to go off.

Any work that’s done by your ISP which disrupts your internet connection will obviously cause the Sure Signal to stop working.

I’d always suggest a reset if this happens. The process for a reset is:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Cheers,

Andrew