Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsurprisingly, Sure Signal is not working

efg
1: Seeker

OK

My Sure Signal v3 is not working, which appears to be a common problem looking through the forums.

The situation is that it has a flashing red light, and the two right hand lights are set to solid orange.

I have configured it with the BT Home Hub v4 as follows:

Hub UPNP is ON

Ports have been forwarded (as well, which shouldn't matter given UPNP is on)

Download speed is 4.01Mbps

Upload speed is 0.37Mbps

Serial Number of the Sure Signal is 40130450998 (and who is the idiot who made the type so small for this!)

External (dynamic, of course, being BT) IP address is 86.182.140.125

Ping test reveals ping of 33ms with a Jitter of 1ms.

I would really appreciate it if somone at Vodafone would take a look at this and see what the problem is.

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi efg,

The light sequence you’re seeing show that the Sure Signal is inactive as it failed to authenticate onto the Vodafone network.

Everything looks fine with your upload and download speeds and ping test. Your IP is on our whitelist so no problems there either.

Do you have any other devices using the connection at the same time as the Sure Signal? If you do, and this takes the available upload speed below 0.3Mbps, then the Sure Signal won’t be able to maintain a connection to our servers and the service will drop.

I’ve checked your serial number and can see it connected to our servers at 10:00 last night, are you still seeing the same lights?

To make sure it’s as up to date as possible, I’ve just resynced your Sure Signal for you.

To make sure it completes, can you do a factory reset for me:-

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Let me know how you go on.

Thanks,

Andrew