Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update to IP address block geo-location

darkorb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I work for a company who has recently had a new IP block allocated by RIPE which used to be allocated to a Spanish company. Since then we have been unable to get any connection with our Sure Signal.

Would you kindly be able to advise me of the best method of checking that you have the correct geo-location data for the IP block in question?

Kind regards,

Alex Smith

20 REPLIES 20

Hi k1walsingham,

I've requested for the range to be added to our whitelist. I'll update you when it's been done.

Thanks,

Matt B

Thanks.

How long do you think it will take? I am one of many in my company with the issue and unable to use our numerous Sure Signal devices until this is done.

Hi K1walsingham,

I've had an update with regards to this.

Our team have stated that they're seeing it as a non UK worldwide range. They've asked for the ISP to confirm in writing that they are either UK based or that this part of the range is for sole use in the UK.

If you can speak with your ISP and get this confirmation, we'll be happy to sort this for you.

Thanks,

Matt B

Are you able to tell me how the Vodafone geo location process works? Our ISP are asking.

Mat B

I have asked our ISP to provide confirmation that the subnet has been allocated to the UK. Once they do, how should I provide this to you?

And regarding my question about Vodafones geo-location, are you able to tell me how it works? what does Vodafone use? a specific company or site?

Thanks

Kelly

Sorry to drag up an old case, but is there anyone from Vodafhone that can tell me if GEO-Location is an issue on the network as i have several customers who's SS have recently stopped working after an ISP change.

If so, who do i need to talk to to get my IP's added to the white list?

Regards,

Stew

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stewnaylor - If you let us know each of the IP addresses, we can check these and arrange for them to be added to the whitelist if needed. :Smiling:

Hi, Thanks for the reply

185.159.8.0/24

185.159.9.0/24

185.159.10/24

185.159.11.0/24

or i think you can do 185.159.8.0/22 to cover the whole range?

Thanks.

Stew

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@stewnaylor

The IP addresses you've provided are showing as invalid.

Could you please double check this and get back to us?

Thanks for the reply,

Yes these ranges are correct and currently in operation...

They have been assigned to us and are the ranges on RIPE that will show linked to my company.

Regards.

Stewart