Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgrade and phone no longer working on Sure Signal

mikeyscott
4: Newbie

Upgraded to an iPhone 5S via the 4G price promise and now the phone won't work on my Vodafone Sure Signal, number etc. has remained the same.

Other Vodafone mobiles are working fine.

7 REPLIES 7

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

I'm not going through all this as I've already stated that it's working for all my other Vodafone devices, it's just no longer working on my new iPhone 5S with a 4G sim. 

So just the one handset..  None of the troubleshooting articles match my issue

Hi mikeyscott,

It sounds like the Sure Signal hasn’t picked up the new SIM ID.

The quickest way to resolve this is to remove the number from the Sure signal registration and then add it back in after 24 hours.

James

I've tried doing that, but it's not listed on the Sure Signal list as it's the main number.

As I'm the main owner I can't add my number

Only thing I'll have to do by the looks of things is de-register the Sure Signal and re-register and go from there as my number will be the default on the Sure Signal

Hi mikeyscott,

You can do it this way or alternatively, you can also do it by transferring the ownership of the Sure Signal to a different number.

You can then remove the number and add it back in before transferring the ownership back.

James

Very true.  I'll copy the current list out and go the deregister route and take it from there.

Review the who should be on there and who shouldn't lol - New Year clearout.

Happy New Year by the way

mikeyscott
4: Newbie

In the end after unregistering the unit and reregistering devices have now started to connect to it, took circa 4 hours.  Just need to add the remaining 6 devices on it.