Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Urgent Help Needed with Sure Signal

heather25
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello.

The sure signal registered at our address has not been working all day. We rely on this sure signal to use our phones, so all of our phones are useless without the sure signal (3 of us have registered contracts at this address). I have reset the box twice throughout the day following the troubleshooting guidelines from the vodafone support website. I have contacted vodafone over the telephone (after much trouble trying to get a signal to actually ring in the first place!!) and all the advisor could say was that he would send a text message with some numbers to ask my broadband provider to set up for me. So i received the message (again, after about half an hour of trying to get a signal to receive it!) and it has a load of codes, numbers and abbreviations for things which I have no idea what they mean or what I need to do? I think it is absolutely ridiculous, why should I have to contact my broadband provider when it is not their fault that the SS is not working? It is Vodafones fault that the box has stopped working, it clearly has a fault and needs repairing or replacing. I am very discusted with Vodafone after over 7 years of custom to be treated like this!!!

1 REPLY 1

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Simon