Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

User Light

stevep80
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please can you help, I have just received my Sure Signal box and the Power light, Internet light and Service light are on but the user light is not on. is this light supposed to come on automatically .

Thanks

Steve

6 REPLIES 6

Retired-Matt_Vo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi

Please take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t resolve your query, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

Your external IP address from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number:

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Matt

Please can you help, I have just received my Sure Signal box and the Power light, Internet light and Service light are on but the user light is not on. is this light supposed to come on automatically .

Serial Number is 40130438431

Speed Test Result Download Speed - 7.76mbps. Upload Speed - 4.81mbps

Ping - 28ms

IP Address - 86.174.27.224

Steve, did you try and make a call to see if the user light comes on? You have to be in a call before it illuminates!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stevep80,

Thanks for your post!

The ‘in use’ light will only light up when the Sire Signal is in use (i.e. a call is being made).

I’ve checked your serial number and can see that this last connected last night and so everything looks ok.

Is everything working fully for you now?

Thanks,

Jenny 

JennyB
4: Newbie

Steve, the tech guys here are useless and will take days to answer your simple question. The user light....(last one) usually comes on when your are in a call automatically. If however, this isn't the case, for your own sanity i suggest removing the unit from the power supply and disconnect the Ethernet cable, and just chuck it out of the door into the street and move to another provider before you age prematurely like me.

Jennyb.

Thanks Jennyb

I will see what happens first before a switch providers