Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Users mysteriously deleted by #vodafone

floranne
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I tried to add a user to my Vodafone Sure Signal on Saturday December 28th and discovered all users had been deleted. After several phone calls to Vodafone all but 1 were reinstated. Then started a drawn out saga of several phone calls, being given different responses depending on who I spoke to. The number which has not been reinstated had been registered and used for over 18 months, the only change being that during that time the user changed to Talk Talk, which uses the Vodafone network. He was assured that it would still be possible to continue using Sure Signal as Vodafone is the network being used. That was indeed the case until we tried to add the deleted users. I was told there was no problem with this by more than 1 person and the number would be added within 3 days. It wasn't, told again to wait another 3 days, didn't happen again. Last phone call I was told it couldn't be added because it's not a Vodafone number (it is), and the operative  I spoke to seemed to have difficulty believing the number had ever been a registered user! Vodafone somehow deleted all my users and until that point there was no problem with the number. In fact, it was still being used as were the other numbers registered until the point we tried to add a new user to vanished list! Although there was no list of users on my account we were still using the service.

1 REPLY 1

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi floranne,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry if there's been a mix up.

Talk Talk is what's known as an MVNO (or Mobile Virtual Network Operator). While they use our signal, it's a separate service and operation. I'm afraid they're not able to use Sure Signal as it's exclusively for Vodafone users.

Can I ask where it was you were told Talk Talk would work on Sure Signal?

I'm not sure why this would mean your other Vodafone users were deleted if you've not requested this on the dashboard. If you'd like us to check on your nominees for you, I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben