Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using a Jablocom with the Sure Signal

myulz2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'd added my second phone to my Sure Signal User List, it's a Jablocom GDP-04Ai desktop GSM phone.

It's a really nice, solid, business-class desktop phone and is much nicer for making lots of long calls from an office than a traditional mobile phone. It does voice and sms (even has a full qwerty keyboard). You can't watch football matches on it or install apps... what a shame.

It doesn't seem to work with my Sure Signal :Sad_face:

I'm assuming that the Jablocom is a 2G phone, and I'm assuming that the Sure Signal is only interested in 3G phones, and thus the relationship is not a happy one.

Is there anything I can do? Like change the Sure Signal? Perhaps a GSM booster would be better...

4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Assuming this is the device your talking about it supports the right 3G frequencies for the Sure Signal (2100MHz) so I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

I wonder if there is maybe a setting on the phone somewhere to tell it to use 3G as well as 2G networks?

Wow, thanks for looking into that. Yes that's the one, and you're right, it does say it supports the 3G freqs. The phone itself, with a Vodafone sim in, works fine outside. But inside it won't see the Sure Signal (I've created a user for it in the control panel).

Bit grim. Don't know what to do now. hmmmm.

Nabs

One thing to try if you are able to, pop the SIM you currently use in the Jablocom into another phone and see if it picks up the Sure Signal.

This will at least help rule out any issues with the SIM card itself or the number registration.

It could be that the registration of the 2nd number hasn't made it onto the SureSignal correctly in which case the next step would be getting one of the eForum team to force a clean sync of your SS and then performing a reset of the device. We can cross this bridge when we come to it, try the SIM in another phone first. :smileyhappy:

Nabs

Thanks Nabs, I shall go try that shortly!