Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V1 Sure Signal - not connecting...

darkcyde
2: Seeker

Hi Support

For the last few days my V1 Sure Signal (BSR FEMTO, sn:21225085485) hasn't been connecting, and just sits with the power light on steady.

I'm with BT Infinity on their Home Hub 3....I have reset both the Sure Signal and the HH3, and still nothing.

A couple of points to note, I cannot see the Sure Signal in my DHCP table.....DHCP is working, fixed and dynamic IP machines all connect to Internet fine.  Also when I go to My Account on the Vodafone website, and select My Sure Signal all I get is a massive error message starting....

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is:
com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ActionLookupFailedException..............

I would be grateful for any help......don't get out much and my mobile is my link to the outside world!  😞

6 REPLIES 6

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

If none of the other lights are lit, it suggests it is not even attempting to connect to the vodafone servers.

The usual 1st suggestion is to try a hard reset of the device, so it will try to download its config files again.

To do this, Press and hold the reset button on the back for 10 seconds

Keep holding reset, and unplug the power cable, wait 10 seconds

Keep holding reset, plug the power back in, and keep holding the reset until all 4 lights flash

Let go of the reset button

It should then start the initial configuration again.

When you had the device working, did you have to make any changes to your router config to make it work? Has anything changed in your setup that may have stopped it working at all?

darkcyde

Ok, ignore the bit about the IP address and DHCP.....it seems that Sure Signal has obtained itself an IP address outside of the range assigned to my DHCP server.  My server assigns addresses between 192.168.1.100 and 199, and the Sure Signal has taken 192.168.1.13, so it wasn't showing up on the IP Address table.  Expand the address range and the Sure Signal appears, and it can be pinged no problem.

I've done about 4 hard resets over the past few days, including removing the power completely for about an hour.

Having just said that, and checking out the DHCP addresses mentioned earlier, it's now got alternate lights flashing all over the place, so looks like its downloading it's config finally.

And now it'd dropped back to just the power light flashing again.  Alternate lights flashing lasted about 3 minutes.

grolschuk

Great stuff, lets hope it downloads and sorts itself out :Smiling:

I gave up and went and mowed the lawn....came back in and I've now got full bars again, and the box has the power light, the @ light, and the tick light all on.

So, no idea what was the solution, as I've done nothing different today than I have done over the past few days, except alter and then reset the DHCP address allocation.