Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V3 Booster not connecting to Vodafone server

kieferschild
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

LED STATUS: (Power - flashing, Internet - off, In Service - orange, In Use - orange)

Hi,

We have recently purchased a booster and we're unable to use it.

The booster is registered but the power is flasing, internet is off and the rest are orange.

i've reset it to no avail.

What light sequence you're seeing: Flashy red, nothing, orange, orange

Speed Test: 😧 79.57Mbps U: 80.75Mbps

Your external IP address:

Your Sure Signal serial number: 42150992438

The results of a traceroute.

C:\Users\cctadmin>tracert 212.183.133.177

Tracing route to 212.183.133.177 over a maximum of 30 hops

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.80.1
  2     6 ms     1 ms     1 ms  10.75.1.8
  3     2 ms     2 ms     1 ms  10.75.5.37
  4     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  10.55.201.197
  5     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  10.55.201.198
  6     8 ms     8 ms   221 ms  te-4-3.car2.Manchester1.Level3.net [195.50.121.1
93]
  7    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  Vodafone-level3-200G.London1.Level3.net [4.68.72
.94]
  8    12 ms    12 ms    11 ms  ae18-xcr1.lnd.cw.net [195.2.24.157]
  9    17 ms    17 ms    17 ms  ae15-xcr1.lns.cw.net [195.2.30.114]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

18 REPLIES 18

The V3 doesn't have a power cable, so those instructions I posted don't actually make sense(found them elsewhere). Could you please tell me how I factory reset the V3?

hold the reset button for 10 seconds. If you hold it for 15 seconds it will turn off and you havent reset it.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mikehutton, I can confirm that the IP address you've given is on our Whitelist.

Please take a look at our Vodafone Sure Signal troubleshooting guide and if you're still issues, post back with your results through step 6. 

@AS-IT Were you able to resolve your issue through the advice given by @kieferschild? If not, please contact our Live Chat directly and they'll be happy to assist further with this.

Having been through everything on this board and various other boards for the last 3 days, I can only deduce that my IP address is not on Vodafone's white list. 

My IP is 154.51.162.125 can someone check it please. I can't sit on the phone to India for a few hours and then them refuse to put me through. 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GaryCantleyI've checked the IP address and it's showing as being registered in the United States, so we're unable to add this to the whitelist. 

Wow,

I'm in Norfolk, UK. I use Symmetris (www.symmetris.co.uk) and they get their supply from Virgin. 

Your response is interesting though as I was informed 3 nights ago by someone in 3rd line that there was no such whitelist. 

The attached backs up the fact that I am in Norfolk, UK. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GaryCantley

This can happen if your internet service provider has servers registered in the US.

Please contact them and confirm this. If this is the case, ask if they'll let you manually update your IP address to a UK address.

Once your registered to a UK IP address, we'll be able to help you further.

Thanks,

Mark  

Have you actually viewed the attachment above?

I have spoken to others in the IT industry and this is not unusual. One company, based in Norwich, on some searches their IP comes up as Romania. 

How many different IP locating search engines do you actually use? What do I need to do to prove that it is plugged in at my home address? My ISP do NOT have servers in the USA. 

Ah well, I suppose it's off to head office again and see what they can do as technology is beyond some people. 

Hi Rahim,

Think i've been having the same issue with my WAN ip not been whitelisted. Ever since i've got a Fixed Wan IP from BT my sure signal hasnt worked. My IP is 81.134.46.51 can this been checked to see if its on your whitelist please.

Thanks,

Mike