Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V3 Solid Red Light only with BT Home Hub

RoyNaismith
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have the red light of death - solid power light, no others.  The helpful chaps on the phone talked me through a speed test and route checking and all was fine.  We re-booted the Sure Signal (reset button held for a minute, kit unplugged during that minute) and it immediately reverted to the red light of death.  This machine has been working fine for the last few months, now it has kicked its legs in the air.  Further calls to support (and a swatch at the eForum) indicate that Vodafone are blaming the Home Hub 3 kit I have (less than a year old) and have suggested I speak to BT to upgrade.  BT are more than happy to upgrade, and for only £35.... Now, I wasn't that happy having to spend £100 on the Sure Signal just to be able to use my phone in my own house, but now Vodafone want me to fork out another £35 to get their piece of kit to work.  This doesn't sound right to me, and I'm not happy (having spent the best part of two hours on various calls and live-chats today.  This piece of kit WAS working - so why has it stopped?  I told the Vodafone man I had BT Home Hub and he still sold me this piece of kit.  I would like this to be sorted, soonest please.  Either make it work, give me the £100 back, or give me £35 to buy a new router.  Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how to text the kit as you suggested - I tried to swap my router back to the old one but couldn't get the old one to work for some reason.  Taking the Sure Signal somewhere else isn't really practical, I think.  I might have a friend who could help - but would I need to re-register at the new location etc.etc.?

Hi RoyNaismith,

You wouldn’t need to re-register, you’d just need to update the postcode on your account, for where it’s located.

Thanks

Wayne