cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V3 Sure Signal not working with TalkTalk router Huawei HG533 router & Openreach BT fibre modem.

stephenco1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I’ve had a Sure Signal for around a year but recently it is not working properly as follows –

According to http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Version-3-Sure-Signal-Troubleshooting/td-p/13933... the power light is solid on, the internet light is white and flashing and neither the In Service light nor the In Use light are glowing at all.

I’ve checked on my Vodafone a/c and the device is showing as Registered with the status showing as ‘active’. It’s been reset so many times I’m losing count both my myself and with Vodafone.

I rang Vodafone who told me in a short email –“Dear Customer, Thank you for calling Vodafone today , Please assign the below ports to the MAC address at the back of our Vodafone sure signal please get back to your Internet service provider to check the ports 8 TCP UDP 50 TCP UDP 53 TCP UDP 67 UDP 68 UDP 123 UDP 500 UDP 1723 TCP UDP 4500 UDP 33434 - 33445 UDP Thanks” I’ve spoken to my ISP TalkTalk who pass me back to Vodafone and I’m going around in circles. I don’t understand the above instructions from Vodafone and will not help other than direct me here. Can anyone please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Coincidentally I've got it working this morning after another reset.

For anyone else with this problem, the Sure Signal instructions tell you to press the reset button for over 10 secs but this does not actually reset it. I found another instruction which said 30 secs and I did that. I then rang through to Vodafone who reset / refreshed it from their end yesterday and this morning it's working as it should be.

Which leads me to worry that other instructions about port opening / forwarding, MAC assignment are not always required; just a thorough reset.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi stephenco1,

Please get back to us with your serial number and we can check things further. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

Coincidentally I've got it working this morning after another reset.

For anyone else with this problem, the Sure Signal instructions tell you to press the reset button for over 10 secs but this does not actually reset it. I found another instruction which said 30 secs and I did that. I then rang through to Vodafone who reset / refreshed it from their end yesterday and this morning it's working as it should be.

Which leads me to worry that other instructions about port opening / forwarding, MAC assignment are not always required; just a thorough reset.