cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V3 VSS (Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - off) - Traffic trace

cuthbeidatacard
4: Newbie

Hi,

My SureSignal version 3 just dropped out to Power - flashing, Internet - solid orange, In Service - off, In Use - off

VF describe this as "This light sequence indicates the VSS is not active and it has been unable to authenticate on the Vodafone network"

Sadly, I wasn't tracing traffic at the time, but I was able to before I rebooted it. Interestingly, it wasn't sending a single packet onto the network, not even an ARP request. So, at this point, for reasons I can't work out, it had given up trying to connect. It was working on a call just 5 mins before this, so why it would give up so quickly, who knows.

Upon reboot, it starts to connect again using rhe normal startup sequence. It hasn't sent much NTP (4 requests) and has reestablished a connection quickly, which tells me the clock is likely in sync. If they are not in sync, it takes much longer to establish and sends a lot of NTP.

It would be great if the server logs could tell us why it got into this state (again).

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cuthbeidatacard
4: Newbie

Hi,

I just managed to catch it crashing during a call and the trace makes interesting reading. During the call the SureSignal and Server exchange packets 1:1 or 1:2. What I mean by this, is for every 1 or 2 packets one end sends, the other sends 1 or 2 back. This is as you would expect for VoIP, as the conversation is full duplex. At the point it crashed, the Sure Signal just gave up sending. It will still receiving packets for several seconds, at which time the call was garbled, but it didn't even try to respond. To me, this clearly points out that the network is OK, but the device isn't.

Thanks

Hi cuthbeidatacard,

Thanks for posting. To access the data logs on your Sure Signal, we'd need to verify your identity. I've sent instructions on how to reach my team here so we can get the info we need. :Smiling:

In the meantime, we can still troubleshoot any issues you have in our Sure Signal guide. We also offer a warranty on the unit in the same way we do the phones so if you need to arrange a repair, there are full details here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks, I have emailed you my details. I will keep monitoring it and may exchange the unit if needed. I have exchanged it once before though, so I'm not convinced it is a hardware fault. Thanks