Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

V3 suresignal needs faster internet?

jhopkins
4: Newbie

My V1  Suresignal  died a death so I purchased a V3 . This has failed to  connect to the 'Net and  the  man on the hlepline  tells me this is because  the  new  Suresignals  need  a  much faster Broadband  connection than the old ones. Is this  correct? And, if so, what is the point?...if  I live in an area  of  zero mobile signal, am I really likely  to have  highspeed  broadband  available?!!

22 REPLIES 22

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jhopkins 

I've had a look through your posts but have found it difficult to spot your serial number. Can you provide this for the V3?

Thanks,

Sukhi

Sukhi,

After  10 days of trying and never getting beyond the "power light plus  flashing  white light" stage, we decided  that for the sake of our blood pressure  we  would  return the unit to the shop and get a refund. The manager was happy  to  refund us as he said  virtually  all his time was  spent  dealing with  incompatibility  between BT and the V3. We still have  our V1 ( which I am not convinced  is dead...why should it die? !!) but we can't get that to work either. So we  pay our monthly  tariff to VF  but manage without texts etc. and  use  our landline for  domestic phone calls. Not very satisfactory  to say the least.

jhopkins
4: Newbie

I ordered  my V3  on Monday  afternoon (16th) and  it was  ready for collection on Tues.  morning. The fact that  it won't  connect  to the internet  is another matter...having bought it and  tried  to use it, I was then told that ( unlike  my V1)  it needed  ihghspeed  boroadband  to work. Currently  researching other phone cimpanies...ANY  other phone  company  would   be more  competent.