Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF Sure Signal V2 - no power light - possibly died

mr_richard_c
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can you help me confirm that my SS V2 has died and what my options are re: a replacement?

I set up a new TV tonight so had to remove all the cables and power leads to the Virgin box, router and the VF Sure Signal behind the stand.

Replacing everything and powering up, the Sure Signal was the last thing I reconneted and plugged in. I then realised there was no red power light or white indicator lights. I unplugged it and tried it in another power socket and still no joy. Below are the details I've copied from My Vodafone account.

Serial Number * 40111600611

Status active

Location Postcode BN1

Date of registration 03/09/2011 16:39:50

Its odd that its status is active even though its plugged into the router and has no power???

Can you advise.

5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Have you tried another power supply with the same voltage?

PWIAC

OK, will try that this evening.

Assuming another power adaptor works, I can then continue using that power adaptor or do I need to go on Amazon/eBay and purchase a new one that is advertised as specifically working with VF Sure Signal?

drey_p

You could do either and should have no issues as long as the voltage and polarity are the same.

I would personally only use the recommended power supply with a device but that is just down to personal choice.

PWIAC

Ok, the new, found power adaptor is plugged in and the Sure Signal is back up and running and my phone is connected again.

To be on the safe side and ensure I don't melt the SS can someone confirm this new, found adaptor is compatible with the original, supplied one. Below are details from both original and the new power adaptors.

Original, supplied Power Adpator:

Input: 100-240V,  50/60Hz,  300mA

Output: 12V,  1A

New, Found Power Adpator:

Input: 230V,  50Hz,  140mA

Output: 10V,  1.2A

The new, found one should be ok, yeah?

cineriv

Hi,

The correct rating for the power supply output should be 12V 1.5A

I'm rather surprised that the current rating on your original unit is only 1A,

could you confirm that please?

On your 'found' one, 10v is rather critical for reliable operation of the Sure Signal ...... I wouldn't recommend it.

Saying that, if your 'found ' PSU is working the SS at the moment, then leave it running until you can obtain a more suitably rated unit.

Regards

Mike.