Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 1 Resync Required Please

grizzlybaz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I upgraded my phone a couple of months ago, including a change from a standard SIM to a micro SIM.  Ever since, I've not been able to get a 3G signal from my VSS1.  Everyone else has been able to until yesterday when I deregistered and reregistered the unit as described in the troubleshooting posts.  Now no one is getting a 3G signal even though lights 1, 2 & 4 are all lit as they should be.  Can you please resync the unit?  The serial number is 21197090794.

Thanks,

Barry

4 REPLIES 4

someonenice
11: Established
11: Established
you will need to contact customer services.
Regards

Hi grizzlybaz,

I’ve taken a look at the registration for you and can see that there is a location moved detected.

This can be caused by a number of things including an IP change by your internet provider behind the scenes.

To sort this out you need to log into the Sure Signal dashboard and select the option to move the location, change the postcode to ST1 5GP, log out and back in again and change it back to your own postcode.

Once you’ve done this, let us know and we do a re-sync if required.

James

Hi James,

All done with the post codes as suggested. For the last 3 days or so, the light pattern is now:

1&2 together

None

Rotating through constantly, changing every second or so.  Any ideas?

Cheers,

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I’ve checked your serial number today and it was showing a Location Move had been detected. As James has mentioned, this can be caused by an IP change from your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or a firmware update they’ve pushed out to your router.

I’ve changed your postcode to a different one and then back again which has now removed that message.

To make sure your Sure Signal is as up to date as possible, I’ve just performed a resync for you. To make sure the resync completes, can you perform a factory reset:-

• Hold down the reset button until all the lights show/flash (about 30 seconds)
  • Keeping the reset button held down, remove then re-insert the power lead
  • Once all the lights display, release the reset button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in about an hour

If, after trying the above, you’re still unable to make a connection then we’ll need some more information to dig deeper. Can you provide the following please:-

Your speed test results from here.
Your ping test results from here.
Your external IP address from here.
The results of a traceroute.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run
Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
A black box will appear.
In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
Paste the output of this command into your reply.

Thanks

Andrew