Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VSS 1 not working on BT Homehub or Draytek 2820

ntosney
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been using a Vodafone Sure Signal v1 for several years without problems.  I have two FTTC VDSL internet connections (1 with Zen, 2nd with PlusNet).  The Sure Signal worked fine through a Sky Hub router with Port forwarding configured.  Since changing to PlusNet, I am using a BT Home Hub 4 and the VSS won't connect (Power light (light 1) flashes then ges solid, light 4 flashes and stops, no other lights flash or come on).

I've done everything recommended in all the other threads on this subject :-

1) Static IP assigned and port forwarding configured as per recommendation (see attachment)

2) Port clamping enabled (see attachment)

3) Reset VSS and router

4) De-register and re-register VSS and reset both router and VSS

My VSS serial number is 21197155423

Nothing seems to have any effect.  I have the same problem on my other Internet connection using a Draytek IP PBX 2820!  All the ports are open, but VSS won't connect.  I've also tried configuring the VSS as a "DMZ Host" on each of the two routers / Internet connections, but it makes no difference?

Speed test, tracert and all other details are shown in the attachment.  I've run out of ideas other than to move to a different network with a signal at my house!  I've been a loyal customer of Vodafone for over a decade and the Sure Signal has worked well, but these recent problems are becoming very frustrating.

Please help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ntosney

Your IP address isn’t on the whitelist.

I’ve requested it to be added. :Smiling:

It can sometimes take upto 72 hours. 

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Gemma